2008 Tour de France Stage 17 - Wednesday, July 23: Embrun - L'Alpe-d'Huez, 210.5 km

TheDarkLord said:
Ah! Some welcome action. Kohl, Wegmann and a couple of other riders (Voeckler is there) have attacked and have a decent lead over the peloton.

Good to see Kohl attack since that is bound to induce a reaction among the GC contenders.

Probably just King of the Mountain points - it's too early for serious GC attacks.

edit: these downhills are nerve racking.

thoughtforfood said:
OK, now you all must know that I hate you all....they uped my deadline from Friday to Thursday, and I have to leave the house now to go work.....I hate you...
I feel for you TFF. Yesterday I missed the first HC climb due to a meeting. I too have a deadline on Friday, but I'm shuffling work to after the stage ends.

Wow, Perez almost had a disaster in the descent.

thoughtforfood said:
OK, now you all must know that I hate you all....they uped my deadline from Friday to Thursday, and I have to leave the house now to go work.....I hate you...
That is what you get for living so far east. :p

b1_ said:
Probably just King of the Mountain points - it's too early for serious GC attacks.
Yeah, you're right. But looks like some have taken off on the descent.

Who all crashed? Perez almost went off the side Augustyn style. De Gregorio almost lost it but then regained balance without falling off the bike. Eisel and Hansen also crashed at a hairpin bend.

Hincapie crashed at some point and has scraped up his shorts on his left side (don't know how bad he is scratched up).

De Gregorio is not descending well (compared to the other three in the break) and has been dropped.

Scotttri said:
Probably break!!!
Unless you are dominant, which CSC is not, you gotta risk "break" in order to "make". Otherwise CSC is just riding for third.

TheDarkLord said:
Hincapie crashed at some point and has scraped up his shorts on his left side (don't know how bad he is scratched up).

Told you he would. :D

Hey Grater, your team keeps falling over. What's with that?

serpico7 said:
Unless you are dominant, which CSC is not, you gotta risk "break" in order to "make". Otherwise CSC is just riding for third.
Very true!!

But do you risk a podium at the same time... If I was the DS then definately but i'm not sure they'll be thinking that way....gotta keep the sponsors somewhat happy!!

Scotttri said:
So whos B2....B1????

Just an old friend that I don't see much of any more. I'm sure he's on the net somewhere. A long time ago there was a Quake tournament that we entered and it's just stuck as my net nickname.

Ahh, yes, the life and times of b1. I'm sure there will be some kind of this-is-your-life doco on it one day.