2008 Tour de France Stage 17 - Wednesday, July 23: Embrun - L'Alpe-d'Huez, 210.5 km

b1_ said:
Just an old friend that I don't see much of any more. I'm sure he's on the net somewhere. A long time ago there was a Quake tournament that we entered and it's just stuck as my net nickname.

Ahh, yes, the life and times of b1. I'm sure there will be some kind of this-is-your-life doco on it one day.
Good luck with that one
icon12.gif

Only 5 more minutes till the race is televised, Western Australia has it's ups and downs, Ups the stage is over by midnight, downs I have to wait two hours later into the stage to see the footage, c'mon SBS who gives a rats **** about the foreign news!!!!!

Voeckler, Millar, etc. gone. Perez dropped by the front group. Love the following comment from the official site:

Voeckler has been spat out the back of the pack. Ah, the price of sprinting for points at the top of one climb is a rapid exit from the peloton at the base of the next...

:D

Been watching the full stage here in New Zealand. It's 1.30am and the action is hotting up. CSC are making a mistake with such a steady tempo. Frank needs 3mins before the TT. Wonder what Menchov has planned.

fergie said:
Been watching the full stage here in New Zealand. It's 1.30am and the action is hotting up. CSC are making a mistake with such a steady tempo. Frank needs 3mins before the TT. Wonder what Menchov has planned.
Dont know any Hodgkinsons by any chance???

Can't believe Schumacher is backing up after yesterday. There's no way he can crack one day then win an even harder stage the next.

I can't believe Cancellera is going so hard since he is wanting to make a good showing in the Olympics.

b1_ said:
Can't believe Schumacher is backing up after yesterday. There's no way he can crack one day then win an even harder stage the next.
*cough*Flandis*cough*

I think Gerolsteiner are using Schumacher to setup Kohl. I think that Kohl will win today and take the lot.

CSC have isolated Evans, will they start attacking now?

Bro Deal said:
Well, B1, Popovych is not looking great.
So, do you take back your appraisal b1? Or do you want to continue digging your hole? :D :p

Others in yesterday's break such as Nibali are also suffering today. The one who is still chugging big time is potato head.

b1_ said:
Unless Vino or Basso is packing his musette.

Sorry no Hodgekinsons.

They are half-way up Croix de Fer, and looks like CSC is "staying the course" GWB style. They better attack before the crest if they want to do anything significant.

Whoa! What a scenery - razor sharp pinnacles sticking out of the slope. :eek:

Latest edition of the Popovych Report: He has almost rejoined on the flatter section. He will get shelled as soon as the gradient kicks up again.

TheDarkLord said:
:rolleyes: Dropped.

Edit: Even if he can get back, there is no way in which he can help Evans.
I'm sorry but the way CSC are rideing Cadel wont need help anyway. High tempo constant speed, it's playing into his and Menchovs hands