2008 Tour de France : Stage 2 Auray - Saint-Brieuc Sunday, July 6

Anyone know what the grade of the finish is?

Looks like there is a mild climb... then a flat finish.

I believe that it is shorter than yesterday (going from memory here, I do not have the stage description handy and am feeling lazy).

If Cav makes it over the small climb, he wins. Columbia were well organised today. They controlled the race in the last 20km's but unfortunately Kirchen didn't get the lead. They will control it tomorrow for Cavendish to take it away.

PROFILKMS.gif

The most significant part of the climb is from km -4 to -3, at about 5,2 %. Besides, they are going southwards from the sea, heading into the rather strong wind predicted for todays finish. Most sprinters should be able to survive, even though some may be struggeling keeping their position at km -3 to -2.

i dont think the pace at the finsih will be able to be high enough for any body to beat friere

phillop said:
i dont think the pace at the finsih will be able to be high enough for any body to beat friere
If the sprinters are there Cav and Mcewan

Hmmm.... very interesting. The picks for Stage 2 bets are:

Cwanky

1. Freire (1.5 times points)
2. McEwen
3. Cavendish

Thumper

1. Hushovd (1.5 times points)
2. Steegmans
3. Forster

Highest total green jersey points for finishing position allowing for the 1.5 factored weighting for first picks.

Crankyfeet said:

Cwanky

2. McEwen
3. Cavendish

Thumper

2. Steegmans
3. Forster

Highest total green jersey points for finishing position allowing for the 1.5 factored weighting for first picks.
I think your in the box seat for this one

Trev_S said:
I pick Freire for stage 2
You're lucky Trev. They just started a few minutes after your pick. ;)

And Oscar's got a great start out of the blocks. He's got at least a bike length on his main competitors. Hopefully he can sustain this advantage to the end... :D

Crankyfeet said:

Cwanky

2. McEwen
3. Cavendish

Thumper

2. Steegmans
3. Forster

again, you post **** without my permission :D

TFF, there is one problem with following your method of muting the TV and listening to the Eurosport audio feed, and that is that there is a significant time delay between the feed and the video...

TheDarkLord said:
TFF, there is one problem with following your method of muting the TV and listening to the Eurosport audio feed, and that is that there is a significant time delay between the feed and the video...
Yea, that was an unforseen problem because I was just listening when I wrote that yesterday. I am away on vacation and there is no TV. I was assuming that they would be the same. Guess I was wrong. I wonder if it will sync with the video on the internet better.

thoughtforfood said:
Yea, that was an unforseen problem because I was just listening when I wrote that yesterday. I am away on vacation and there is no TV. I was assuming that they would be the same. Guess I was wrong. I wonder if it will sync with the video on the internet better.
I did see some of the video yesterday, but couldn't listen to both simultaneously because I only have my tablet with me. Today, I am going to wait to watch until this afternoon when I get home.

thoughtforfood said:
The delay between the TV and internet audio is about 1 min (as determined from the commercial breaks since the TV is also Eurosport). I expect it to sync better with internet video since there is likely to be a delay in any internet feed.

Why exactly is Caisse d'Epargne leading the chase? Do they really want to keep the yellow jersey all the way from now to Paris???

BTW, is Soler riding or has he pulled out?