2008 Tour de France Stage 20 - Sat July 26: Cerilly-St. Amand-Montrond (ITT), 53 km

Sastre only loses 8 seconds at the first check.

Evans had better pick up the pace for the latter part of the course.

drm said:
Sastre has the 10th best time...yeesh.
That's not suspicious.
rolleyes.gif

God damn! We're getting hit hard by ads here in Australia. How many ads can they stuff into this break dammit...

thebluetrain said:
Without winning a stage and without attacking at least one time.:eek:
That is ********!

Cadel wasn't a wheelsucker this tour so get over yourself. You know, some of the posts about this place are right. What a pain in the neck.

Blast cyclingnews live text coverage...F. Schleck was down 1:31, not 0:51 at first time check.

Sastre was down 46".

Looks like we all may be suprised and see Kohl in yellow.

hawkeye87 said:
Frank is down by 50" at the first TT check. At least he's not showing superman performances in this stage.
Dropping back to pace Sastre?

Evans doesn't look the goods. Too much to make up now. Would have to be a stunning turn around.

Andy keeps the white jersey. Even though he was passed by Kirchen, cyclingnews shows his time as only 42 seconds slower than Roman's.

hawkeye87 said:
That is ********!

Cadel wasn't a wheelsucker this tour so get over yourself. You know, some of the posts about this place are right. What a pain in the neck.

The only time he had his nose in the wind was when he was down 2 minutes to Sastre on Alpe d Huez and the others sat on and forced him to the front. Hardly an attack.

thebluetrain said:
The only time he had his nose in the wind was when he was down 2 minutes to Sastre on Alpe d Huez and the others sat on and forced him to the front. Hardly an attack.
I did not say he attacked. Re-read my post.

Regardless, he won't be putting on the yellow jersey today unless Carlos wipes out.

Looks like Kohl is slowing down, as I would expect. If he would blast the TT then I'd say for sure that Gerolsteiner should be locked up as well in the test bus.

I hope Christian can work his way to the podium today. He's going great.

How much does he have to collect on Schleck or Kohl? About 2 minutes?

hawkeye87 said:
I did not say he attacked. Re-read my post.

Regardless, he won't be putting on the yellow jersey today unless Carlos wipes out.

Looks like Kohl is slowing down, as I would expect. If he would blast the TT then I'd say for sure that Gerolsteiner should be locked up as well in the test bus.

I hope Christian can work his way to the podium today. He's going great.

How much does he have to collect on Schleck or Kohl? About 2 minutes?
Then you will agree he wheelsucked?:p

First quarter of the race is downwind...last quarter is into the wind (I think - if the forecast was correct). Some advantage for the stronger riders in the last 15km.