2008 Tour de France : Stage 4 Cholet 29 km Individual time trial Tuesday, July 8

limerickman said:
Hey I just nominated him to do a good ITT.
That's all.

I don't know if the guy is doped in this race.
You ought to take it easy.
From the live commentary on CN, "We're still baffled by Schumacher's performance, and eager to find out what he and Cancellara will have to say after the stage is over".

Which other riders jump at you as "******** performance" thumper?

thunder said:
"if it is too good to be true, it probably is" - Chris Boardman

Now Boardman was perhaps the greatest tter to go around, I reckon he would agree this is a ******** performance.

I am pretty comfortable saying this, because Schumacher has a history.

1. When at Skil-Shimano back in 2005 he was controlled non-negative to some stimulant in a flu medication. Originally suspended, UCI or a national federation turns it over, with a statement from his GP mother that she prescribed this drug inadvertantly.

2. 2007 World Champs. 2 weeks before the worlds he had an out-of-competion test which found his hematocrit was over 50. Indication of some type of illegal blood boosting. He said he had a case of diarrhea.

3. 2007/8 off-season controlled positive for cocaine.

The guy is also an arrogant ****** according to cyclingheroes.

What was/is he running? I think he is running artificial hemaglobin, and a bus gas concoction prior to the timetrial. He also got an autologous blood transfusion before the Tour.

Schumacher is not the only guy whose performance was straight out of the ******** doping bag, but I feel comfortable alleging this because of this guy's history. He does not stand alone however, and is one of many.

do you have any idea what the hell you are talking about? Shumi is and has always been a very good TTer.. he places top 5 to top 10 in just about every TT he rides in... what a dumb ass!!

this is like when Honchar won the TT in the giro and all these idiots started saying hey.. where did that guy come from... and how come he can TT now... even though he had a Gold, Silver and Bronze at the world TT champs and had placed 3rd (8 seconds) behind Armstrong in a TdF long TT... yes i know he's a dope cheat.. but so what, so is everyone else, so who the hell cares

please get a clue! Schumacher has always been a good TTer.. would anyone have predicted that anyone would have finished in front of Cancellara much less 4 guys

and if you don't think that the vast majority of these guys still aren't on something... you are doubly and idiot.. Kim Kirchen's time doesn't seem a little odd to you? Devolder suddenly being able to climb the way he started to last year doesn't seem odd to you?

please people.. get a clue! the vast majority of them are still on the juice (yes even Cadel Evans too).. basically if you don't want to watch juiced up riders then don't watch the tour because that's what the tour is! please stop all the ******** dope talk and enjoy the damn race!

doctorSpoc said:
do you have any idea what the hell you are talking about? Shumi is and has always been a very good TTer.. he places top 5 to top 10 in just about every TT he rides in... what a dumb ass!!

this is like when Honchar won the TT in the giro and all these idiots started saying hey.. where did that guy come from... and how come he can TT now... even though he had a Gold, Silver and Bronze at the world TT champs and had placed 3rd (8 seconds) behind Armstrong in a TdF long TT... yes i know he's a dope cheat.. but so what, so is everyone else, so who the hell cares

please get a clue! Schumacher has always been a good TTer.. would anyone have predicted that anyone would have finished in front of Cancellara much less 4 guys

and if you don't think that the vast majority of these guys still aren't on something... you are doubly and idiot.. Kim Kirchen's time doesn't seem a little odd to you? Devolder suddenly being able to climb the way he started to last year doesn't seem odd to you?

please people.. get a clue! the vast majority of them are still on the juice (yes even Cadel Evans too).. basically if you don't want to watch juiced up riders then don't watch the tour because that's what the tour is! please stop all the ******** dope talk and enjoy the damn race!
**** you mate.

I know Schumi has been winning tts and prologues since 2004/5 with Skil-Shimano. This is a bit of a step up, and he obliterated the field.

There is one common theme thru his tting achievements.

2005 Skil-Shimano: flu medication
2007 Worlds: high hematocrit
2007/8 off-season: cocaine positive.

So **** you spoc.

thunder said:
**** you mate.

I know Schumi has been winning tts and prologues since 2004/5 with Skil-Shimano. This is a bit of a step up, and he obliterated the field.

There is one common theme thru his tting achievements.

2005 Skil-Shimano: flu medication
2007 Worlds: high hematocrit
2007/8 off-season: cocaine positive.

So **** you spoc.

you completely missed my main point... and my point is... WHO THE **** CARES!! they are all on it... get a clue! if you don't like watching doped riders, then don't watch the damn tour, because that's what it is. and don't come here telling us your ********... people know what the tour is and enjoy it just the same.

- and cocaine... yeah that sure makes you ride fast eh :rolleyes:
- we all know about Valverde (aka Piti) look at his TT time.. dope helped him a lot.. not!
- the weirdest result in that TT is not Schmacher it's Kirchen... where did that come from?

i just hate the hypocrisy... they all train, they all dope, let the best rider win.

very good ride from lövkvist today

watch out from him in the mountain!!!:)

zlatan said:
very good ride from lövkvist today

watch out from him in the mountain!!!:)
Yeah, I was surprised by him and Nibali. Very good rides to both of them, but I still think they will be destroyed by Andy in the mountains.

Kreuziger was a bit disappointing today, I think.

TheDarkLord said:
A number of people have overestimated Valverde's TT skills. If you recall, Chicken (who is not known for TT skills either) passed him in the Albi TT during the last Tour. But then of course, the profile of the Albi TT was very different from this one.
This was a shorter more technical TT like the Dauphine where he performed really well recently. He has looked strong this race and in the build up. If anything... last year's TdF ITT's were a bit of an anomoly... though it has never been his strength I don't think. But you're right... a lot of people thought he would do better...including this dumbarse.

Crankyfeet said:
This was a shorter more technical TT like the Dauphine where he performed really well recently. He has looked strong this race and in the build up. If anything... last year's TdF ITT's were a bit of an anomoly... though it has never been his strength I don't think. But you're right... a lot of people thought he would do better...including this dumbarse.
how were my timesplits Cranky?

thunder said:
how were my timesplits Cranky?
Let's see... (actual time-splits in brackets)

Evans
Menchov +20 seconds [+7 secs]
Popo +30 seconds [+176 secs.... obviously saving himself for Cadel in the humpy stages]
Valverde +80 seconds [+67 secs]
Sastre +85 seconds [ +76 secs]
F Schleck +100 seconds [ +107 secs]
A Schleck +130 seconds [+62 secs]

Crikey... apart from Popo who was coasting... and Andy Schleck.... you were within 13 secs on the other four relative to Cadel. Impressive. That's enough evidence for me that I am in the stupidest betting game that a dumbarse patsy sucker has ever backed himself into...
tongue.gif
frown.gif

Zubeldia was never going to do a good time trial but he will be very disappointed by today finishing over 3 minutes behind Schumacher.

Crankyfeet said:

Evans
Popo +30 seconds [+176 secs.... obviously saving himself for Cadel in the humpy stages]

Crikey... apart from Popo who was coasting... and Andy Schleck.... you were within 13 secs on the other four relative to Cadel. Impressive. That's enough evidence for me that I am in the stupidest betting game that a dumbarse patsy sucker has ever backed himself into...
tongue.gif
frown.gif
Ah, Cranky, but it's early yet, remember? Isn't that what you told me when I tried to warn you? ;) :p

C'dale Girl said:
Ah, Cranky, but it's early yet, remember? Isn't that what you told me when I tried to warn you? ;) :p
That was two stages ago. A lot has happened since then...
tongue.gif

Hey thumper - clear out your PM box. I bet your room's a mess too, so clean that up while your there...
biggrin.gif

jonjungel said:
Yeah, I was surprised by him and Nibali. Very good rides to both of them, but I still think they will be destroyed by Andy in the mountains.

Kreuziger was a bit disappointing today, I think.
yeah i too think that andy will win the white shirt

but lövkvist has told the swedish media before the tour that he only espect to do well in the mouatins

so with this reulst i think will give andy a match the hole way to paris for the win

Crankyfeet said:

Evans

tongue.gif
frown.gif
As I said, Andy is doing better than his brother. And he will be even better in the mountains.

Is Ricco that bad at TTing (relatively speaking of course)? Needs to pick up that part of his game if he is ever going to be a threat in GT's with his bike... not just his mouth.

Crankyfeet said:
Is Ricco that bad at TTing (relatively speaking of course)? Needs to pick up that part of his game if he is ever going to be a threat in GT's with his bike... not just his mouth.
Yes, he is that bad. And he did appear to be something of a threat in the Giro this year... let us see what he can do in the mountains (keeping in mind that he has been repeating that he came to the TdF for stage wins and not for GC).

In the post-TT interview with RAI today he admitted he needs to focus on TT-ing this winter if he wants to up his GC game.

classic1 said:
Is the TT being run under RTTC rules on the A1 at 6am? It should be. When it comes to being 'drag strip testers' the pommies, in their black alpaca jackets or 80's retro flouro skinsuits are second to none. My picks for the TT, but if its a 'float' day put Engers up to second.

1. Sean Yates
2. Chris Boardman
3. Graeme O'Gree
4. Dave Lloyd
5. Ray Booty
6. Ian Cammish
7. Gethin Butler
8. Alf Engers
9. Stuart Dangerfield
10. Kevin Dawson

It's too short for Dawson or Butler. Michael Hutchinson is a better choice.

Crankyfeet said:

are you talking about the same Ricco that placed 2nd in the Giro the 1st time out of the blocks? that's a pretty damn good 1st outing in a GT i'd say.

in spite of his relative sub standard TTing and as much of a loud mouth as he is, i think he did some pretty good talking with his legs in the Giro... he was also the most aggressive of the top tier guys... not at all afraid to go out on the attack... i think people are letting their personal view of him cloud his actual accomplishments on the road which have been pretty damn good... remember he was not even supposed to ride the tour he got thrown into it a few days before the start.

doctorSpoc said:
are you talking about the same Ricco that placed 2nd in the Giro the 1st time out of the blocks? that's a pretty damn good 1st outing in a GT i'd say.

in spite of his relative sub standard TTing and as much of a loud mouth as he is, i think he did some pretty good talking with his legs in the Giro... he was also the most aggressive of the top tier guys... not at all afraid to go out on the attack... i think people are letting their personal view of him cloud his actual accomplishments on the road which have been pretty damn good... remember he was not even supposed to ride the tour he got thrown into it a few days before the start.
Yeah... I didn't realise he was chucked in here so late. I see that he lost 2 mins to the stage winner (in 39km) on Stage 10 at the Giro... but he beat Di Luca. That ITT had some serious climbs though (one of 4km at about 9%). Just thought his 115th here stood out... in that I imagined he would have been all out for the white jersey.

I don't have anything against Ricco. Cycling needs colourful characters IMO who aren't afraid to say what they think.