2008 Trek Madone 5.2 Pro

Markdg991

Mar 11, 2006
Hey what's up everyone. Just picked up my Madone 5.2 last week and took it out to Lambertville, NJ for some days test riding and adjusting. First of all this bike ROCKS!! I have it equipped with DuraAce and Bontrager RaceXLite wheels. She loves to accelerate, but most of all loves to climb. I had one concern. While testing I wanted to raise the seat mast and when I went to adjust I noticed that the clamp had a white seam forming between the clamp itself and the mast. Fearing a crack in the making I took it to the LBS in the area..highly recommended are Pure Energy Cycling & Java House and New Hope Cyclery..they called up the reps and asked what it was. Apparantly the mast and clamp had partially separated..BUT they stated it was not a catastrophic error and that the bike was still rideable, but recommended a replacement. Once home my LBS replaced it for free... My question is, has anyone had a similar experience with the 2008 Trek Madone seat mast? :confused:

The 5.2 is a hot bike, would like one but I don't need a 8th road bike. Now if I won the Lotto...