2008 Vuelta : Stage 7 : mountains!!!!

Eldrack

Jan 10, 2005
Yeah, the mountains have come! And quite early in the race as well to stop us all falling asleep which is nice. None of the climbs are particularly steep but they are fairly long so I think we could see the old scenario of one team sitting on the front and driving the pace until most of the peloton has dropped off followed by attacks from the remaining GC people. My tip to win, Contador.

Eldrack said:
My tip to win, Contador.

Going out on a limb eh? ;) Hell I'll take Valverde, not exactly a dark horse either. I hope it's good, I've built my Saturday around it...

mrfrogger said:
Going out on a limb eh? ;) Hell I'll take Valverde, not exactly a dark horse either. I hope it's good, I've built my Saturday around it...

No pictures, no plan B. Damn.

Wish i could have seen what happened, would have liked to know how Valverde was dropped. I can't believe Ballan held on like that ...

Levi is looking good.

Interesting to see Valverde, Boonen and Bettini taking stages early on. All three in increasingly good form for the World Championships. Was nice to see Bettini outsprint Valverde a couple of days ago. He wants to do well in Varese.

Does anyone know when the Vuelta starts ? I don't want to miss it... I hear its a very exciting race....

LOL, we all tried really hard to raise interest in it this year.

I find it quite worrying that there is so little attention to the third of the grand tours, actually.

whiteboytrash said:
Does anyone know when the Vuelta starts ? I don't want to miss it... I hear its a very exciting race....

Sorry, it was back in April. Tough titties.