2009 BMC Promachine vs. 2010 Specialized Tarmac Pro SL

tjwalker

Feb 1, 2010
Hey folks,

First off, yes, I fully realize how incredibly lucky [or, insert favorite curse word] I am to even be positing the question. I have access to a couple fantastic deals for new, complete bikes, both for just under $3k: a 2009 BMC Promachine and a 2010 Specialized Tarmac Pro SL. I'm totally torn and need to make a decision soon. Any help would be much appreciated. For now, let's call this a philosophical exercise removed from the banal experience of test riding and "feel".

The Promachine
iSC nanotube carbon frame
2009 SRAM Force complete group
Easton EC90SLX carbon fork
Easton EC70 seatpost
Easton EA70 stem and bars
Easton EA90 wheels

The Tarmac Pro SL
SL FACT 10r carbon frame
Specialized full FACT carbon fork
2010 SRAM mix (Red shifters and rear derailler, Force brakes and front derailler)
Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels
Specialized carbon seatpost, bars and stem

The BMC frame is unreal, but 2009 Force means no zero-loss shifting, less oggling, and more feelings of inadequacy. The Promachine should be also < 1 lbs less and has internal cable routing and a really unique appearance.

Thoughts? Comments? Hatemail? Thanks everyone.

Have pedaled the bikes? If not, can you? That's the sure way to determine which one to get. It'll be the one that fits you, fits best, and causes you to have all manner of unholy thoughts when you look it and ride it. If they both fit well and twist your panties when you ride, I'd prolly take the Specialized, given its higher spec mixed group.