2009 Cycling Goal

velo.mouse

Oct 22, 2009
Thanks to all those who cycled with me this year who helped and encouraged me to reach my 2009 goal of 2500 kms... (+10.5 more) Hoping now to reach 2600 kms...

Special thanks to: Mel, Ken, Doug, Scott, Miles, Rob & Craig. Thank you to Velo711 for introducing me to cycling...my greatest passion...

happy trails
;)
velo.mouse

Well done, I didn't even get close to mine, a change of job and location changed it all.

New job, new location....new rides...to conquer!!! Go for it!
Just keeping them legs spinning nice, easy, circles....

ride safe,
velo.mouse

Well done Velo. I didn't even come close to mine, mainly due to uncooperative weather in my area. I was hoping to at least hit 1000 miles, still haven't even hit 500. There's still some time though, so I'm gonna try my damnedest to get a few more in this season.

Thanks for your reply....Hey every li'l bit helps....Went out last wk and a half to top off my kms...and just need 24 kms to go to hit 2600 kms...and counting .... aiming for 2700 kms now...and if the weather continues to be hospitable towards cycling...I just may try for 3000 kms...

Ah...what does this mean to the mouse....?

Next year's goal....what will it be?

Can the mouse do it???
;)
ride safe,
velo.mouse

cyberlegend1994 said:
Well done Velo. I didn't even come close to mine, mainly due to uncooperative weather in my area. I was hoping to at least hit 1000, still haven't even hit 500. There's still some time though, so I'm gonna try my damnedest to get a few more in this season.

WTG mouse it's always good to reach a goal, mine was 5000km, I'm scaring the heck out of 7000k right now. Today may be the last ride on the nice bike, weather looks like the old one will be needing to come out of summer hibrenation.

Thanks BU (i'm sure your not, though), mousycled another 73 yesterday afternoon...up to 2649 kms... I think I'll just keep peddin' away with my mouse legs til the snow hits...

Thank you to everyone for your encouragement and inspiration to ride.

;)
ride safe,
velo.mouse

velo.mouse said:
Thanks BU (i'm sure your not, though), mousycled another 73 yesterday afternoon...up to 2649 kms... I think I'll just keep peddin' away with my mouse legs til the snow hits...

Thank you to everyone for your encouragement and inspiration to ride.

;)
ride safe,
velo.mouse
Congratulations on reaching your goal.

Thank you everyone for your comments....

Up to 2725 kms....

Aiming for 2800 kms...

Maybe 3000 kms...
;)
Ride Safe,
velo.mouse

Beverly Stayart said:
Congratulations on reaching your goal.

I am new to posting on the forum. I had two annual cycling goals. First, to ride 200 miles per month or more for May to October and secondly to ride 2000 miles in the calendar year. Saturday I met the first goal, including two months at 300, and I am now at 2060 miles. I see many of you are in regions of the continent which have real winter so may not get to ride much in coming months, but I can ride year-round, just needing to adjust my ride times and dress a little warmer. So maybe I will hit about 2300 miles for 2009, a best for me.

King Schlooge said:
I am new to posting on the forum. I had two annual cycling goals. First, to ride 200 miles per month or more for May to October and secondly to ride 2000 miles in the calendar year. Saturday I met the first goal, including two months at 300, and I am now at 2060 miles. I see many of you are in regions of the continent which have real winter so may not get to ride much in coming months, but I can ride year-round, just needing to adjust my ride times and dress a little warmer. So maybe I will hit about 2300 miles for 2009, a best for me.

Where do you live?

alienator said:
Where do you live?

I live in Templeton, CA, population 5000, in north San Luis Obispo County, CA. My office is in nearby Paso Robles, population 30,000. Atascadero is just south of me, also population 30,000. Our area "the Central Coast" is half way between San Francisco and Los Angeles off Hwy 101.

I see you are in Tucson, AZ. My brother lives in Tucson.

King Schlooge said:
I live in Templeton, CA, population 5000, in north San Luis Obispo County, CA. My office is in nearby Paso Robles, population 30,000. Atascadero is just south of me, also population 30,000. Our area "the Central Coast" is half way between San Francisco and Los Angeles off Hwy 101.

I see you are in Tucson, AZ. My brother lives in Tucson.

Shortish tall guy w/ dark hair that's light? I've seen 'im.

Mouse mileage update:

up to 2855 kms...
:D
145 go to to hit 3000 kms...
;)
Can the mouse do it???

velo.mouse said:
Mouse mileage update:

up to 2855 kms...
:D
145 go to to hit 3000 kms...
;)
Can the mouse do it???
Only the weather will keep you from it, right? Good Luck.
I passed 2200 miles on my ride today, so I should hit the 2300 I wrote of previously by the end of November. So maybe 2450 ish miles by year's end?

King Schlooge said:
Only the weather will keep you from it, right? Good Luck.
I passed 2200 miles on my ride today, so I should hit the 2300 I wrote of previously by the end of November. So maybe 2450 ish miles by year's end?

King, if you switch your computer to km's, you'll ride a lot farther.

Hey...fellow cyclists or should I say fellow mouscyclists...
thank you so much for your comments and encouragement...
just short 52.4 kms to go for 3000 kms...I'll ride that no sweat by the wkend...
then it's cajun wings and a pitcher of beer - on the mouse!!!

Thanks to AJ for Saturday's 92.2 kms ride!!!

;)
velo.mouse

...and the mouse does it!!!!

3012.2 kms....

banter and cheer...

can the mouse mark more on her mouse legs???

can she do it....?
;)
ride safe,
velo.mouse