2009 Cycling Goal

i think my '09 goals a little(ALOT) shorter than most here,being a novice i set alot of smaller goals.20 miles in less then an hour was a big one for me to accomplish.next is the ride to my folks house 45 -50 miles(72-80km) one way.still need to figure out the safest route.

40makingcircles said:
i think my '09 goals a little(ALOT) shorter than most here,being a novice i set alot of smaller goals.20 miles in less then an hour was a big one for me to accomplish.next is the ride to my folks house 45 -50 miles(72-80km) one way.still need to figure out the safest route.

Hey...if you keep making them circles you'll get the mileage up.... (kinda like spinning class - only you're outside going places!!!)

:)

Mouse-mileage update:

:D....3040kms....:D

cycling goals for 2010 would be to dominate the local road scene (all pansies in Houston anywho) and I Sir WIll do that as it's about time. unfortunately, i have no real respect for cycling any longer so it's a hard one to get up the will to ride as i haven't ridden in some weeks now and don't have the desire to either.

I'll start sleeping in WB's jersey, that should fix it come one or two months from now.

I'm not in love with you WB, you don't have boobs so don't get your hopes up. :D But I do admire you which is why I'm sticking to my guns when it comes to your jerseys.

Houston stands not a chance.

velo.mouse said:
Thanks to all those who cycled with me this year who helped and encouraged me to reach my 2009 goal of 2500 kms... (+10.5 more) Hoping now to reach 2600 kms...

Special thanks to: Mel, Ken, Doug, Scott, Miles, Rob & Craig. Thank you to Velo711 for introducing me to cycling...my greatest passion...

happy trails
;)
velo.mouse

And the mouse does it...!!! (MORE :D WILD :D BANTER :D & :D CHEER....!:D!:D!:D!)

Mouse Mileage update:

3060.5 kms

Cajun Wings and Heineken...on the MOUSE... & where prey-tell is the mouse?:rolleyes:?;)?

The MOUSE is in the HOUSE!!!

a super randonneur (brev a la 200+300+400+600km) would have been great but due to lake of bike maintenance I had to break off with 250km left for the 600km ride with a broken bike....

did 1400km in completed randonneur (the medals prove it.) plus about 1500km weekend training runs..

plus about 5000 kms just to and from work fighting traffic.. (30 or so km a day.. minus holidays) about 1000 of those in snow..

but I could never work out how far I have ridden on those sweaty spinning rides.. (hey I'm over 40 I need to see some nice young bodys sweat ...:D )

so I would say 7000k's so far and there is still 3 weeks left of the year... next year I will get get a bike computer that really keeps track of how far I ride...

9k kms next year maybe?

and a pbp in 2011!!! that would be sweet!

and NO broken bones this year!! (touch wood...)

2 rebuilds of crankbrother egg beaters. (the bearing on the right side break)
3 sets of cleats to the above.
2 chains and 2 cassettes
replaced bearings on bottom bracket.
about 20 flats mainly glass in the city..
new set of wheels (bearing shot on my vento wheel, but they are a nightmare to repair flats since they are so high I replaced the wheels instead of replacing the bearing...)
2 sets of tire but the spike tires from last year still have season... (they will go on after the first snow.. late this year...)
a bunch of break pads

my goal is to take the time to find out what it was i was wanting from buying a bike in the first place which was in hindsight not about the bike at all but rather how to incorporate the intensity of all of my fails in life that i take out on myself without remorse by physically running it out of me along with riding it out of me and that is why i believe no one else around me to be of worththy of even flapping their gums because as it does turn out we are comrades nonetheless but in it for different reasons and those reasons are as unmistakable as the words we type.

puleeze, this was not all for show and tell, try as you might to catch a glimpse.

roadhouse said:
my goal is to take the time to find out what it was i was wanting from buying a bike in the first place which was in hindsight not about the bike at all but rather how to incorporate the intensity of all of my fails in life that i take out on myself without remorse by physically running it out of me along with riding it out of me and that is why i believe no one else around me to be of worththy of even flapping their gums because as it does turn out we are comrades nonetheless but in it for different reasons and those reasons are as unmistakable as the words we type.

puleeze, this was not all for show and tell, try as you might to catch a glimpse.

Are you back on the bike yet mate?

I think it's generally true that if a person considers others unworthy compared to himself, then that person is unworthy of human company, full stop. It's also so ironic, because having done nothing to impress anyone in cycling, other than talking, would seem to preclude making others "unworthy."

steve said:
Are you back on the bike yet mate?

not yet. i don't even look at it.

and misses Alienator, you should join teamsmack, it's full of people who think they are something. I just have never needed to really ride to tell who is worth their weight in salt.

btw, it's not about the bike.