2009 Giro : stage 12 : Thurs 21 May : Sestri Levante - Riomaggiore (ITT) 60.6kms

What's up with Dave Z losing 10 minutes?? He was god-like in the Tour of California. Maybe he's a pint low...

adamastor said:
Hey Grater, my hunch on Wiggins wasn't that bad after all. He really is in superb shape...
Good one!

Menchov is looking strong. He didn't have a team around him in the stage he won and he has always been around there. All he needs to do is stick with them and he can. He's in solid form. Yes this will be close but I think Menchov might just hang on here.

No_Positives said:
What's up with Dave Z losing 10 minutes?? He was god-like in the Tour of California. Maybe he's a pint low...
Probably because the route didn't favour a pure TTist. Actually it favoured a pure climber more than a pure time trialist. Due to this the riders who are good at time trialing AND climbing did the best.

Grater said:
Good one!

Menchov is looking strong. He didn't have a team around him in the stage he won and he has always been around there. All he needs to do is stick with them and he can. He's in solid form. Yes this will be close but I think Menchov might just hang on here.
Menchov has no weeknesses, and he is cool as a cucumber. True he does not have great support, but I think he will be tough, as Contador was last year. I expect further attacks from far away by Garzelli who wants the green jersey, with maybe others like Simoni and Soler who can't sit back any longer. It could get interesting if LPR and Astana don't choose to pull back breakaways. And Pellizotti they must watch out for. I think he can win a stage and create a situtation where there are 4 riders within a minute of each other