2009 Giro : stage 14 :Saturday, May 23 :Campi Bisenzio - Bologna (San Luca) 172 kms

The break will be caught. Someone will probably counter attack or Di Luca will do what he does best and look strong and win.

Grater said:
The break will be caught. Someone will probably counter attack or Di Luca will do what he does best and look strong and win.
No comment on your stuff up Grater, ...... to good for that I spose!!!, the break might be caught, I hope not, I do think Diluca will be strong....not sure who could match him for pure acceleration up hill.........wait maybe I can but he's holding out fot the tour de france......Contador....it's almost depressing....I realy hope Astana dont win the Giro or the Tour de France

The commentators - as the pictures also show - are saying that the riders are taking on a lot of liquid.
It looks really really warm in Italia today.

Gap is 2"30.

I think this group will stay away (at least I hope it will).

Love the Giro.

limerickman said:
The commentators - as the pictures also show - are saying that the riders are taking on a lot of liquid.

Gap is 2"30.

Love the Giro.
There a great chance now....if it was flat almost a sure thing, but with the uphill finish there's a chance of being caught.....question is who will win.....breakaway or not?????

limerickman said:

Gap is 2"30.

Love the Giro.
Love your quote by the way, wouldn't matter who wrote it, it's the way it should be, it'd be great if the sinics went away and we could all enjoy the cycling for what it's worth... one of the great sports to watch and one with an even greater history

Scotttri said:
Well done Gerrans!!!!

Very impressive win for SG : looked really good on that last climb.
Great result for Cervelo : gerrans first and deignan fifth.

Good result for the team.

limerickman said:
Very impressive win for SG : looked really good on that last climb.
Great result for Cervelo : gerrans first and deignan fifth.

Good result for the team.
No change for GC as expected, but that might come soon enough.....3 seconds loss for levi....dont spose much can be read into that

Scotttri said:
No change for GC as expected, but that might come soon enough.....3 seconds loss for levi....dont spose much can be read into that

Leipheimer's struggled just slightly today...........I think with the next couple of days might see Leipheimer struggle if he's feeling bad.
Tomorrow is an up and down stage.

Pelizzotti looked good as did DiLuca.

limerickman said:
Leipheimer's struggled just slightly today...........I think with the next couple of days might see Leipheimer struggle if he's feeling bad.
Tomorrow is an up and down stage.

Pelizzotti looked good as did DiLuca.
Really looking forward to the rest of the race, it certainly isn't decided, it'd be nice to see menchov win....but diluca is looking good, did armstrong finish in the levi group???

Scotttri said:
Really looking forward to the rest of the race, it certainly isn't decided, it'd be nice to see menchov win....but diluca is looking good, did armstrong finish in the levi group???

Yeah Armstrong finished in the LL group.

You're right this race is far from over.
Menchov.
I love this guys poker face - even when the pressure is really on he never shows an expression!

Di Luca will not go down without a fight though.

LPR I think have a stronger team than Rabo - and that might just decide the outcome between DiLuca and Menchov.
Pelizzotti's looking good, it has to be said.

limerickman said:

You're right this race is far from over.
Menchov.
I love this guys poker face - even when the pressure is really on he never shows an expression!

Di Luca will not go down without a fight though.

LPR I think have a stronger team than Rabo - and that might just decide the outcome between DiLuca and Menchov.
Pelizzotti's looking good, it has to be said.
Very good, I'll be honest befor the race I was thinking....oh know Astana again....and not that I dislike them...there a great team...but it's great to see such an open race, might be the tour of the season, one can only hope the other two tours are as open

Scotttri said:
No comment on your stuff up Grater, ...... to good for that I spose!!!, the break might be caught, I hope not, I do think Diluca will be strong....not sure who could match him for pure acceleration up hill.........wait maybe I can but he's holding out fot the tour de france......Contador....it's almost depressing....I realy hope Astana dont win the Giro or the Tour de France
Nah, trying to think of something to say. :eek:

limerickman said:
Armstrong finished 44th on the stage, 1.58 down on Gerrans and 54 seconds down on the di Luca group. Not sure if he was taking it easy or not though.