200br

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Michael Edey, Mar 21, 2006.

  1. Michael Edey

    Michael Edey Guest

    Wow - unfortunately i don't have access to a tv but I did stay up late to
    'watch' the omega livetiming site deliver splits.

    Site of the night, so far, would have to be the mens 200 breast. The lead
    changed hands several times with Mike brown finally storming home to out
    touch 3 guys for the gold. Ok so we tend to abuse terms like 'out touch'
    and 'eclipsed the record' and what not but when the top 3 split very
    different races and ended up with 2:12.23, 2:12.24, 2:12.26, 2:12.79 you
    just have to wonder what that last 50 looked like.....

    --Mike

    Tags:

  2. Colin Priest

    Colin Priest Guest

    It was an amazing race to watch. Piper took it out hard but died on
    the last 50. The three medalists were all together for the last 25m
    and all three lunged for the wall at the last moment. I couldn't tell
    who had what placing until the electronic timing results came through.