2010 Carbon Synapse Seatpost

UnbelievablyRed

Jan 17, 2012
I'm in the process of building up a carbon synapse frame that I picked up for a steal on ebay. Unfortunately, it was only the frame being sold. I didn't mind at the time because I thought putting a fork in myself would be a good learning experience... However, I didn't realize that the synapse frame has specific seatpost dimensions. I've been unable to find anything that will fit. Anyone have any suggestions before I drop an unpleasant amount of money to get my LBS to order a Cannondale seatpost?

That, I believe, is a post unique to the Synapse. As such, it looks like you're going to have to ante-up for one from Cannondale.

I thought the Cannondale SAVE seatposts were 27.2 and the only thing unique was the design and not the size?

That said, while I love the CAAD and SuperSix bikes, the only impression that lingered after a ride on a Synapse was "hateful machine" - so I could be wrong on the seatpost info above :p

I'm curious why someone sold the frame without the seat post. I am now the proud owner of Synapse Carbon replacement frame. My 2009 frame has been replaced by Cannondale because the seat post sleeve in the frame was beginning to come unbonded from the frame. They replaced my frame and used the carbon seat post from the original.

Do you think that someone may have pulled your frame from a LBS dumpster and offered it on eBay. Check to see if the aluminum sleeve in the seat post is bonded correctly in the frame before you invest more money in your project. You can do so by pinching the side wall of the sleeve with a pair of pliers and pull upwards. If there is any movement your frame is junk.

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

I thought the Cannondale SAVE seatposts were 27.2 and the only thing unique was the design and not the size?

That said, while I love the CAAD and SuperSix bikes, the only impression that lingered after a ride on a Synapse was "hateful machine" - so I could be wrong on the seatpost info above :p

The Carbon post is proprietary. The Alloy model is 27.2.

Note that this is the name of the Synapse Carbon's seat post: Synapse SAVE PLUS MultiFlex, (soft 48-54, firm 56-61), not the Flash Carbon Seatpost.

Originally Posted by davereo .

I'm curious why someone sold the frame without the seat post. I am now the proud owner of Synapse Carbon replacement frame. My 2009 frame has been replaced by Cannondale because the seat post sleeve in the frame was beginning to come unbonded from the frame. They replaced my frame and used the carbon seat post from the original.

Do you think that someone may have pulled your frame from a LBS dumpster and offered it on eBay. Check to see if the aluminum sleeve in the seat post is bonded correctly in the frame before you invest more money in your project. You can do so by pinching the side wall of the sleeve with a pair of pliers and pull upwards. If there is any movement your frame is junk.

Yeah I have no idea why they parted the seatpost from the frame. If I had realized that it was a non-standard shape, I would have found another frame. The seat post sleeve is fine though and the frame is in excellent shape.

Also, I have determined that the Flash seatpost won't work with my bike. However, the width of the seatpost is 27 mm.

Anyone know of an aero seatpost that is 27x38mm that I could try?

Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRed .

Anyone know of an aero seatpost that is 27x38mm that I could try?
Cannondale has one and likely is the only company that offers it.