2010 Giro d' Italia: Stage 13: Porto Recanati to Cesenatico (222 km)

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
2010 Giro d' Italia: Stage 13: Porto Recanati to Cesenatico (222 km)

The first two-thirds of the course is mainly flat, following the Adriatic coast. The route then cuts inland for two climbs, including one with a maximum gradient of 18%.

The stage finishes with 40 km (25 mi) of descending or flat racing. The arrival town of Cesenatico was the hometown of Marco Pantani, and the stage commemorates him.

Stage Map
View attachment 12168

Stage Profile
View attachment 12171

Important Climbs
View attachment 12169

Last Km's
View attachment 12170

General classification before stage 13
1 Richie Porte (Aus) Team Saxo Bank 50:46:16
2 David Arroyo Duran (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne 0:01:42
3 Robert Kiserlovski (Cro) Liquigas-Doimo 0:01:56
4 Xavier Tondo Volpini (Spa) Cervelo Test Team 0:03:54
5 Valerio Agnoli (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo 0:04:41
6 Alexander Efimkin (Rus) AG2R La Mondiale 0:05:16
7 Linus Gerdemann (Ger) Team Milram 0:05:34
8 Carlos Sastre Candil (Spa) Cervelo Test Team 0:07:09
9 Laurent Didier (Lux) Team Saxo Bank 0:07:24
10 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky Professional Cycling Team 0:08:14
11 Jan Bakelandts (Bel) Omega Pharma-Lotto 0:08:35
12 Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) Astana 0:09:48
13 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:11:10
14 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo 0:11:18
15 Ivan Basso (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo 0:11:39
16 Marco Pinotti (Ita) Team HTC - Columbia 0:12:05
17 Francis De Greef (Bel) Omega Pharma-Lotto 0:12:21
18 Stefano Garzelli (Ita) Acqua & Sapone 0:12:32
19 Vladimir Karpets (Rus) Team Katusha
20 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre-Farnese Vini 0:12:53

This one is a transition stage & I don't think there'll be much in the way of fireworks. It'll be interesting to see how the boy Porte handles himself from tomorrow.

Slightly off topic but I was watching the T of California on Eurosport last night (they bumped the Giro roundup programme for the ladies European Cup Final :confused:) & there was plenty of 'talk' about 'garnishing' the Vuelta of 1 week of racing & 'giving' it to the T of California. To my mind this would be an abomination.

gtm said:
This one is a transition stage & I don't think there'll be much in the way of fireworks. It'll be interesting to see how the boy Porte handles himself from tomorrow.

Slightly off topic but I was watching the T of California on Eurosport last night (they bumped the Giro roundup programme for the ladies European Cup Final :confused:) & there was plenty of 'talk' about 'garnishing' the Vuelta of 1 week of racing & 'giving' it to the T of California. To my mind this would be an abomination.

It's an abomination having any of the 3 GT's and classics interferred with.

In fact I would go so far as to say that the ToC should have been scheduled outside of any of the 3 GT's:mad:

limerickman said:
It's an abomination having any of the 3 GT's and classics interferred with.

In fact I would go so far as to say that the ToC should have been scheduled outside of any of the 3 GT's:mad:
Yes, a little strange that it was scheduled the same time as the Giro. Who was behind the move from Early in the year to May?

I read some snippet somewhere that they wanted to move the race from the bad weather of February (in Cali, whatever)... but, uh, there seems to be a lot of time between Feb and the Giro to schedule a race. I don't know why they would make them competing races (with each other I mean).

Just watching the highlights of this stage now.

30kms to go and there are attacks happening all over the place.
Thankfully the weather seems to have improved in Italy!

That was an interesting stage : Mayoz rode very well.
I was hoping Karpets would have held out for the win.

belleti had a nice sprint win - I was backing Henderson given his sprinting ability.

limerickman said:
That was an interesting stage : Mayoz rode very well.
I was hoping Karpets would have held out for the win.
Not quite sure what Karpets was going for - 2:30 (-ish) doesn't HURT but it doesn't help him all that much; I'm hoping for his sake that he was just feeling it and didn't have to dig too deep for that time.

Big winner was Mayoz but he's too far down to really take advantage of it.