2010 Giro d Italia

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by steve, May 3, 2010.

1. gtm

gtm New Member

He's a fine cyclist BUT as a climber he's limited. He can play keepy up provided there are no quick attacks & there isn't too much climbing to do.

2. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

You can watch all the stages as they happen, for free, on Eurosport over the net.

3. TimEaston

TimEaston New Member

Oh he's having a mare, looks like we will have to wait until next year for a British winner of Tour de France. I had high expectations after last year's 4th place.

4. pennstater

pennstater New Member

I wouldn't write Wiggins out of the TDF just because of how he preformed on today's stage. The climbs in the Giro are much steeper than in the TDF and there will be more ITT in the tour as well. Wiggins is concidered a powerful rider coming from a succesful track career, but the Zoncolan suits climbers and there are no climbs in the TDF that have a pitch like the Zoncolan.

5. TimEaston

TimEaston New Member

Thanks are they going up Alp Du Ez (apologies for miss spelling) this year as that is the only really memorable alpine finish that I know of as a casual viewer unlike a lot of people on these forums.

6. gtm

gtm New Member

It's a Pyrenees year this time round so no Alp d'Huez. That being said they are going up the Tormalet twice which is as much an iconic climb as Alp d'Huez, Mt Ventoux, Col de Gallibier or Hautacam.

Herewith 'le route':-

Tour de France 2010 - The Tour 2010