2010 Tour de France: Stage 15, Pamiers - Bagneres-de-Luchon, 187.5 km

knonfs said:
I saw it, and I was SUPRISED to hear him say that. A very humble person (or realistic). Kudos to him!!

My question is, why isn't LA running for LL?

because all of rs, especially Levi, realizes that he does not have what it take to hang with the top gc's so there is no point in waisting themselves.

Lance is saving himself and will probably go for the last tt win and possibly a stage or two in the meantime.

roadhouse said:
because all of rs, especially Levi, realizes that he does not have what it take to hang with the top gc's so there is no point in waisting themselves.

Lance is saving himself and will probably go for the last tt win and possibly a stage or two in the meantime.
Hope dies last.
That's roadhouse's hope... Armstrong gave up week ago.

My last thought of this stage and should have been my first, congratulations to Voeckler, he finally won a stage and well deserved. He looks like Robin Williams little brother, btw.

Schleck need to bust his b**ls now to have a chance but Contador only needs to defend his jersey by following, however if he wants to show the world he deserves the crown he could attack and try and devastate the field including Schleck.
If he just runs the time out to the TT I will be bummed. I want to see pain on the big T climb.

roadhouse said:

LA will do GOOD at the TT, however he will NOT win a stage this year.

Andrija said:
Hope dies last.
That's roadhouse's hope... Armstrong gave up week ago.

so what do you think he'll do tomorrow? i've read bruykneels tactics and insight as to what is left so it's not just my hope.

knonfs said:
LA will do GOOD at the TT, however he will NOT win a stage this year.

for your original question as to why Lance isn't doing any domestique work for Levi, :

VeloNews.com - Horner says Armstrong bonked after his second crash

Asked whether the team would now ride for Leipheimer, who is up to eighth overall, 2:14 down on Evans, Horner said, “I don’t think we ride for seventh or eighth. Do we look after him? Sure, absolutely, we always have. But do we put guys in the front for eighth place on GC? I don’t think so. We’ll just have to make a plan B or a plan Z.”

as for Lance and a stage win, : Manager: Lance saving energy for stage victory - More Sports - SI.com

roadhouse said:
so what do you think he'll do tomorrow? i've read bruykneels tactics and insight as to what is left so it's not just my hope.
Tomorrow could be the opportunity, but for Armstrong in better shape. Too much climbing and too long way to the finish line. But I'd love to see him going for the glory in this stage. Merckx did it solo at his time, so it would be nice to see Armstrong doing (or at least trying) it too.
TT and a stage more is completely unrealistic.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP9OR-Pz2Yk]YouTube - Tour de France 2010: Bad luck for Andy Schleck at Port de Balès[/ame]

With all the drama behind AC and AS, I think we've forgotten what a fantastic ride Voeckler did today on the Port de Bales, riding up the mountain alone most of the time and holding off the chasers on the descent to finish alone.

Very good Tour for the French this season, with 5 stage victories!

I don't think that Contador in any way was obliged to wait, nor do I hold it against him, but he missed a chance - if he'd waited, and then won the tour anyway, we'd remember the win as a greater victory. Not only that, but he'd have shown Andy exactly how strong he felt, and perhaps gained a psychological edge. As it is, he's likely put some fire in Andy's belly.

artemidorus said:
I don't think that Contador in any way was obliged to wait, nor do I hold it against him, but he missed a chance - if he'd waited, and then won the tour anyway, we'd remember the win as a greater victory. Not only that, but he'd have shown Andy exactly how strong he felt, and perhaps gained a psychological edge. As it is, he's likely put some fire in Andy's belly.

Perhaps AC will spike Schleck's water with some Mylanta before stage 16:p

I agree with you. I think the sad thing in all of this is that Contador didn't need to gain time on AS. He is arguably the best climber (although hasn't shown it this Tour) and by far the better man against the clock than any GC contender. I didn't strongly disagree with him taking time over Schleck because of a mechanical problem (especially a chain), but it is clear his public image may be damaged and he will either need to drop Schleck and beat him to the line during one of the next montain stages (by more than a handful of seconds) or stop a few yards before the finish line and amiguously lose as much time as he gained in today's stage. We'll see what Tuesday brings, but Thursday is the one that should bring the fire works.

It was great to see Laurent Fignon and the Badger both on the podium at the end of stage 15.

Fignon was given a special combativity award because of his succumbing to cancer and his fight back.

Nice photo.