2010?

stilesiii

Aug 31, 2005
I know its early, but who in this Tour impressed and what do you expect to see in next years Tour?

IMO, Liquigas is an up and coming squad. Pelzotti was very solid, Krueziger and Nibali are very strong and young riders. This will be a squad to recon with if held together.

I expect Garmin to come back with the Wiggins/Vandevelde combo. Contenders?

I predict Armstrong will lose about 10-15 lbs by next year and really comeback to fight it out with Contador. He offered Fiellue a contract and the young frenchman looks strong. I also expect Klodi on Radio Shacks team. Very interesting.

Contador? Where he ends up and with who? I think he replaces Sastre on Cervelo, Maybe Caisse de'Epargne with Louis Leon Sanchez? Wherever he ends up, clearly he's a dangerous man and the favorite.

Cavendish, well I hope Thor enjoyed the jersey, cause I don't think he'll ever wear it again. The missle is unstoppable. Columbia adds a GC contender. Contador? Would that not shake thing up?

Vino and the Chicken come back.

The Chicken is the only man in the last 2 years to take on Contador and beat him. Where does he end up? Relationship with Rabo over. Who will give him a chance?

I predict the 2010 Tour will be one for the ages.

I can't wait for the fall contract announcements.

Now all we need is for LA to sign Ullrich as a domestique to RadioShack. Always the bridesmaid, That would top it off. :D Dont forget Basso.

As I mentioned in another thread. Caisse have the opportunity to seal Contador and give him an impressive team. If I was Caisse's DS, I would target Contador and another top climber!

1. Alberto Contador
2. Alejandro Valverde
3. Oscar Pereiro
4. Luis Leon Sanchez
5. Rigoberto Uran
6. Jose Ivan Gutierrez
7. David Arroyo
8. David Garcia or someone Contador brings with him
9. Someone Contador brings with him

That's a top notch team who will work 100% for Contador. I have no doubts that Valverde would work for Contador in the TDF and then Contador will help Valverde in the Vuelta.

If Caisse wanted another decent climber to add to that list they should look at Samuel Sanchez. Or they could add the Chicken!

If Contador had a team like that for him next year, he'll **** on everyone!

im looking foward to a route designed for andy schleck to take on contador. big mountain stages, maybe a uphill tt.
no astana super team.

Well I think the top three people will include Contador, Armstrong and Wiggins. Contador still first, but out of Armstrong and Wiggins I do not know.

Wiggins will definitely improve on this year. This year was the first year he has focused on the whole race and not just the time trial bits, so it's still a learning process. Armstrong still has scope to improve as well, but probably won't improve as much as Wiggins, so it will be a close one.

The Schleck bothers don't have the killer instinct needed to win in my view. Just look at how Andy wasted all that time looking over his shoulder this year, or how he threw it away to Sastre last year.

Personally I hope Armstrong can beat Contador before he retires but I can't see it happening. Indeed it's hard to see anyone beating Contador for many years to come. The kid is a legend.

Grater said:
As I mentioned in another thread. Caisse have the opportunity to seal Contador and give him an impressive team. If I was Caisse's DS, I would target Contador and another top climber!

1. Alberto Contador
2. Alejandro Valverde
3. Oscar Pereiro
4. Luis Leon Sanchez
5. Rigoberto Uran
6. Jose Ivan Gutierrez
7. David Arroyo
8. David Garcia or someone Contador brings with him
9. Someone Contador brings with him

That's a top notch team who will work 100% for Contador. I have no doubts that Valverde would work for Contador in the TDF and then Contador will help Valverde in the Vuelta.

If Caisse wanted another decent climber to add to that list they should look at Samuel Sanchez. Or they could add the Chicken!

If Contador had a team like that for him next year, he'll **** on everyone!

...Mayo's two year's ban, which will end on 31 July 2009