2012 -- 1000-Mile Month Challenge

Originally Posted by serhiypopoff .

Great, but I create the Challenge for who is beginner, who want to improve mileage/month
I guess I'm the only beginner here, because no one else wants to play. Apparently as vspa suggests 1000miles/month is not a challenge for serious riders.

There are a host of reasons why people aren't playing:
  • Their training schedule may not require such miles, or such mileage may conflict with their training goals.
  • They might be severely time crunched.
  • They might work a lot and thus save much of the weekend to be with family or SO's.
The only thing that is indicated by so few people taking part is that few people are taking part.

It took me about 3 months to do 1000 miles. Now, if that pesky thing called work didn't rear it's ugly head, yeah, I could do it if I pushed myself.

Fell short again. 795 miles in December. What's the excuse? I took a vacation and caught a cold, at the same time, 5 days off the bike. January will be better. I rode ~59 miles today.
Originally Posted by davereo .

Hey Q they will be tossing me off this site shortly. I won a cycling kit valued over 500 dollars back in April and they never delivered. Many emails and and bunch of promises.
What the hell!? This is a punk site. I'd have nothing to do with it if I wasn't banned from all the reputable online cycling communities.

Is still golden Autumn here, but some last days was some snow :)
November 2037,7 km or 1266,17 mi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAaZbeISwC0
Serhiy, I enjoy seeing your videos of cycling in eastern Ukraine. Question, are you able to cross into Slovakia legally on the bike?

Hope you continue to ride the big miles and post videos in 2013. As you say, "have easy legs and stay safe on the road"

December was another bad month for me. 795 miles. I rode 1241 miles in January 2013 though. :)

Thanks to all who posted own results on roads in 2012, success in 2013 ! -)))
Сергей, вам удается проезжать 1600км в месяц зимой?? Во времена моего детства (в Харькове) многие не ездили даже на машинах - ставили их на прикол до весны. Удачи вам!

Serhiy, I enjoy seeing your videos of cycling in eastern Ukraine. Question, are you able to cross into Slovakia legally on the bike?

Hope you continue to ride the big miles and post videos in 2013. As you say, "have easy legs and stay safe on the road"
No problem, I have visited Slovakia twice this year
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.