2012 -- 1000-Mile Month Challenge

serhiypopoff

Mar 12, 2012
For long distance road cycling experts,[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)] burn calories but not benzine!!![/COLOR]

Note: I know this won't fit into everyone's training plans, or life plans, and I know this will not interest everyone, so there is absolutely no pressure to participate in this challenge. If you don't want to participate in this one, that's OK. But it is do-able (I've done it many times) and may encourage some of us to get out there and ride more.

The challenge: Ride 1000 miles in at least one month this year ... or as many months as you want ... go for all 12 months if you have the time and energy!!

I know lots of you ride this amount and more during your "season", so let us know how it's going.

[COLOR= rgb(218, 165, 32)]The idea coming from Machka, bike forums net[/COLOR]

it would be more fun to do a 1000 miles bike touring holiday, from one point to another, i think that people log their miles when training and some do when commuting, so reaching the 1000 miles mark would be more of an anecdote rather than a challenge,

Originally Posted by serhiypopoff .

The challenge: Ride 1000 miles in at least one month this year ... or as many months as you want ... go for all 12 months if you have the time and energy!!

So do we post a training log here??

Originally Posted by serhiypopoff .

Yes, the thread created with that goal. Please share with all about your success on roads, please give some advises, if possible. Thank you.
Nice work mate, you've been cranking some decent miles out for the last few years.

Originally Posted by steve .

Nice work mate, you've been cranking some decent miles out for the last few years.

Thank you. I have noted there some results. I think, 10.000 km in average for every year before 2005 on roads was done.
Advise for all. You can put on your own personal paper diary all miles on roads and after simply trnasform it to electronic tables, i.e. EXEL cells.

September 2012 - 2.231,64 km done
For year 2012 til September - 20.339,03 km
From 2005 - 154.030,67 KM
Let's join!

vspa said:
it would be more fun to do a 1000 miles bike touring holiday, from one point to another, i think that people log their miles when training and some do when commuting, so reaching the 1000 miles mark would be more of an anecdote rather than a challenge,
hey "stevenjoywell" please use your own words...

Originally Posted by vspa .

hey "stevenjoywell" please use your own words...
This guy looks like a spammer directing folks to Amazon and should be kicked to the curb.

The best time to do run at fall time, because weather is comfort :)
Route: Bukovcevo-Perechin-Svalava-Lipcha-Khust-Kopana mt pass-Mukachevo-Uzhhorod
Map

If you live in Carpathians you are photo painter or writer :).
Mountain range Borzhava, plain tops mounts with 1500 m above sea level

Some results

Kopania mt pass: masters: Alexander Drahula, Serhiy Popoff and Tomas Velichko

Century bike Merida Freeway 9300, custom

Reactions: qdc15
I like this challenge. I don't ride as far or as fast as you, but I rode over 1000 miles each of the five month since I got my odometer. August was my best month, 1520 miles.

October< Golden Ride - 1322,94 mi

video Popov S road cycling Dubrinich-Chernoholova 2012_10_22-1.MOV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2yKKoszGXw&feature=youtu.be video Popov S road cycling Dubrinich-Chernoholova 2012_10_22-2.MOV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUXU-24qaBg&feature=youtu.be

Reactions: qdc15
May 1072
June 1079
July 1048
August 1520
September 1136
October 1140

Six months, 6995 miles.

I was babying a sore knee in November and came up short. 796 miles. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/mad.gif

The knee is feeling fine now though. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Hey Q they will be tossing me off this site shortly. I won a cycling kit valued over 500 dollars back in April and they never delivered. Many emails and and bunch of promises. I really dont care if they ever deliver but I cant help myself now. Keep riding you are an inspiration.

Originally Posted by qdc15 .

I was babying a sore knee in November and came up short. 796 miles. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/mad.gif

The knee is feeling fine now though. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif
I am happy you are feeling better. I was wondering why your mileage was down./img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif