2012 Trek 7.5 or Giant Escape 0???

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by tommybo, May 28, 2013.

1. tommybo

tommybo New Member

Trek is 50 less and they will give bigger tires for light trails. I'm a big guy at 260 so that matters. Plan on recreational and fitness uses for bike.

Tags:

2. tommybo

tommybo New Member

2013 Giant Escape 0 that is. 2012 Trek 7.5.

3. oldbobcat

oldbobcat Well-Known Member

It's not that we're not interested, it's that any choice between these two is likely to involve a lot of personal hair-splitting. For best results base your decision on a test ride and your feelings about the dealers.

OK, I lean toward the FX a little bit. But here's the disclaimer--I work for a Trek dealer so I'm familiar with them, it's widely acknowledged that the FX is the leader in this category, and I think the FX's handling is a little snappier than the line that's considered the runner-up, Specialized's Sirrus.

But the Escape 0 might be really sweet.

4. vspa

vspa Active Member

if it is in new condition, i'd pick up the Trek F.X. in both alternatives, i would consider to buy a new stem a little bit less angled and a bit longer, that will make for a better position on the bike, im not a fan of a too upright position and it really takes a little effort to get adapted into a lower-back position,