2013 40k mile challenge for clydes

Originally Posted by alienator .

Booties will fix that. Why only sip water?

Yes, I have to buy some new booties as my other ones ripped after abuse and I chucked them in the trash.

I did 2 workouts.

The first ride in Central Park was in a 'fasted' state (empty stomach) to help me burn extra calories and aid in my weight loss. My afternoon ride I had a carb meal beforehand and that got me going.

I'm now at 202.4lbs this morning from 214lbs that I weighed not too long before this thread started. If I can get down to 190lbs before March 1st I'll consider myself to be on form before I start racing. Last year I raced at 194-197lbs.

Originally Posted by David Gerchman .

Yep, I hate my vented shoes when its cold
I'm using the Bontragert RXXXL Special Edition. They have vents under the toes, on top of the toes, and on the heels. I seriously thought I was going to get frostbitten.

Here's a pic of my actual shoes:

Here's a pic I found on the web where you can make out the vents on the heels:

Duct tape or clear packing tape can seal off the vents, but at some point you just have to ditch the summer cycling kit.

1173.05 + 82.4 = 1255.45

I keep renting a bike every weekend while I'm on the road. At this rate, I should have just flown my bike out here.

Originally Posted by RyanKuhne .

1173.05 + 82.4 = 1255.45

I keep renting a bike every weekend while I'm on the road. At this rate, I should have just flown my bike out here.

1255.45 + 40.30 = 1295.75

1316.65 + 32 (road) + 108 (trainer) = 1456.65

Negative temps all week, in the 30's today so I had to ride.

The mount was missing so I had to shoot by hand. I make a short appearance at the 3 minute mark. Yes I was sporting a button flannel top and spandex tights down below. The roads were nice and dry when I left and had 2.5 inches of snow upon my return.

Originally Posted by maydog .

Negative temps all week, in the 30's today so I had to ride.

The mount was missing so I had to shoot by hand. I make a short appearance at the 3 minute mark. Yes I was sporting a button flannel top and spandex tights down below. The roads were nice and dry when I left and had 2.5 inches of snow upon my return.

You get points for being hardcore.