2013 allez freewheel hub (the thing that goes click)

Volnix

Feb 19, 2011
Hey guuyzz.

Long time no see! I see that you are all doing wonderful with your mass shootings and everything...

I have a problem!
That Allez that I still have (there is no point in selling the thing) had eventually the freewheel hub broken. Basically a guy tried to fix it and greased it, thus un-seizing it, and now I cant make potato runs).

The problem is that apparently the Freewheel hub (rumours say its made by formula) its hard to find for replacement because it has to fit the DT Swiss hub in the rear wheel.

The LBS had the part ordered, but the order needs to make a certain volume for the truck to leave Holland (that's where they keep all the spesh stuff in da EU maybe? )

So, can you point me to something that will fit? the cassete is an 8 cassette ShitMano FAiltus and the rear hub is 2013's spesh's DT Swiss hub for the DT Swiss "Classic" wheelset.

I found something at this guy "Evans" but it just says fits Specialized 8 speed and I dont wanna get into the nightmare of online shopping for something I cant have fixed in the LBS with peace of mind..

Mind you pretty dangerous losing acceleration because of the freewheel, in the beginning when it started happening it happened in an intersection and I drive like an a-hole... :D Imagine happening when trying to flee a mass shooting!! :D Health and safety bro! :D H and madafakin S !! :D

Thanks! :)

Can't the grease in the hub be flushed?

Does the freehub use the STAR RATCHET mechanism?

How many spokes does the hub use?

Is the spoking symmetrical or 2-on-the-driveside & 1-on-the-non-driveside?​

BTW ...

Post a picture of the hub ...

Most DT hubs are actually pretty easy to service.​

It could before the guy tossed it in the bin... A month ago... I would try anyway... that's how I had it running before.

No photo... its like that.. but Californian Spesh-Taiwan-Swiss-B@astard!

Preeeeeetty hot...

2k7-bodies.gif

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Problem sorted.. Le Truck is goooooooooone...