2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL4 vs 2013 Specialized Expert SL4 - Did I make the right choice?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by iambolong, Jul 2, 2013.

1. iambolong

iambolong New Member

I was looking for a 2013 Specialized Expert SL4 and actually got a pretty good deal but I ended up buying another SL4...The 2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL4 for almost the same price that I was actually going to pay for the Specialized. My question is did I make the right choice by going for the Giant instead of the Specialized?

Tags:

2. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

If you like your bike, the way it fits, and the way it rides, you made a good choice.

3. iambolong

iambolong New Member

The TCR fits perfect for me and I like how smooth it rides. The smoothness is what actually made me decide for the TCR. When I tested them on the parking lot, I rode them over some rough and I felt the vibration more on the Tarmac. It would not be fair to say something bad against the Tarmac, i think its a good bike, but after riding my TCR for two hundred miles now I am definitely sure I made the right choice.

4. mjg514

mjg514 New Member

i just bought the TCR Advanced SL 4 and love it.I was previously riding a 2010 Felt F75 (105, aluminum with carbon,fork & seatstay. wow what a difference. I did test the Venge (not the same category of bike but the price was right) and i am so happy this deal came up. The Giant is Fast, Smooth and Comfortable to ride.

The pictures do not do it justice, the black paint is a matte finish which looks awesome.

Just my two cents because i was trying to research the bike and didn't find much on it.

hope you enjoy as much as I do!