2013 jamis nova sport?

chaserr

May 12, 2013
Believe this is a new model for this year. Anyone owned one? Worth buying as a first road bike? I was looking in this price range for a decent roadbike to start out with, but I'd also like to commute short distances and pick up some groceries. I'm wondering if it'll keep up on group rides though. Or hold up well at all. The link http://www.myjamis.com/SSP%20Applications/JamisBikes/MyJamis/consumer/bike.html?year=2013&model=Nova%20Sport&cat_grp=road_4

Also, sorry about the other post. It said it didn't work, then I saw the nova sport which I'm testing tomorrow. I appreciate it though, buying a first road bike is a difficult decision. Especially when people down the lower end as they most often do.

yes 700 usd is a good price for that bike in new condition, it has eyelets if you need to install a rack, it has disc brakes that give you excellent clearence for thick tyres if you need them (thats the way it is equipped now), it has a good choice of gears but limited to an 8 speed cassette and STI levers, precisely that allows them to give you an interesting msrp, no problem because you can upgrade the drivetrain in the future, i like specially the geometry of the bike, very neutral and has potential for whatever you want to use the bike, and finally aesthetically has a nice presentation, first thing that caught my eyes,