2013 Trek MAMBA

flugelboneman

Dec 29, 2013
Howdy

I have the above bike and am pretty happy with it. I owned a trek 8000 prior and I guess it had better components. I have heard there are some specific things you can add to the Mamba to really improve it. Can anybody help me here.

Originally Posted by flugelboneman
Howdy

I have the above bike and am pretty happy with it. I owned a trek 8000 prior and I guess it had better components. I have heard there are some specific things you can add to the Mamba to really improve it. Can anybody help me here.
What do you want your Mamba to to better than it already does?

Hi bobcat you know, l love the bike. Although the components are not high tech, it shifts well. I had xt on 8000, but I dont sense much difference. Ur question is valid. In reading some forums others upgraded some things e.g. components and brakes and said made huge impact.

I'll let you know right off that I'm not a fan of gratuitous upgrading. I would rather be riding than fixing something that doesn't need fixing. If a bike does what you want it to do, keep it clean and maintained, that's my advice. Right out of the box the Mamba is a pretty good rig for moderate singletrack, bombing dirt roads, and commuting. I'm a big fan of the G2 geometry for 29'ers.

If it doesn't meet your needs, analyze where it's falling short and fix it. If it has too many of these for you, sell it to someone who can appreciate it and buy something that better suits your changing needs.

Thx Bobcat, good advice methinks. I am very pleased with the bike and probably will ride it and fix what needs to be fixed when it needs it.