2014 NAB Coffs Coast Cycle Challenge, 3 August 2014

shpkiwi

Aug 17, 2010
NAB Coffs Coast Cycle Challenge, 3 August 2014

It’s on again and 2014 will see the NAB Coffs Coast Cycle Challenge bigger and better than ever. There will be more choices for riders, more entertainment and surprises and even more fun.

One happy rider wrote: The event you all put on each year is one of best run and co-ordinated events I ride in. I’m glad the event is growing in popularity and that is a sure sign of how well people think of your ride. I’m more than happy to travel the five hours to Coffs so I can ride and am happy to tell others here, in and around Brisbane about the event. Many organisers could learn a lot from your event.

The NAB Coffs Coast Cycle Challenge is a popular charity road ride run by the Coffs City Rotary. Each year hundreds of riders come to test their legs along the quiet local roads riding from the Coffs Harbour beaches into the Bellingen hills and back. There are lots of choices from the 100km solo challenge, teams options, 60km solo and a 20km or 10km family ride.

A family rider said: I just wanted to let you know what a fantastic time I had on the family bike ride! I’m a 43 year old mum of two who has never done a public event bike ride before and has only really been cycling for the past year, squeezing in little rides around full-time work and family. Your helpers were so encouraging along the way- just so friendly! Congratulations to all who helped out.

This will be the fifth year of the Challenge which has raised over $80,000 for Rotary charities and also provided significant financial help to other non-profit volunteer groups.

If you enjoyed the event in 2013, then it’s time to tell your mates, mark the date in next year’s diary, dust off the bike and get ready to ride. There’s something for everyone with two family ride distances to choose from or 10 or 20km. There’s a 60km solo event and teams choices for the 100km as well as the 100km solo and 100km tandem and recumbent options.

Check the website for training information that will help you prepare for the big day. Registration will open in March 2014.

There’s lots more information on the website: www.coffscoastcyclechallenge.com. You are also able to view a short video of the 2013 event at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kVSIn73XDs