2015 Tallboy Vs. Scalpel

gustbaiderment

Jun 25, 2015
So i've narrowed my bike search down to two rigs - A 2015 Santa Cruz Tallboy and a 2015 Cannondale Scalpel. Both would be aluminum. Both would be upgraded to Shimano XT components. I'm torn because, although it shouldn't matter a whole lot, I think the scalpel is a much better looking bike. The Tallboy, as ive heard, is almost the best in the business, and is a super badass bike. I'm also very skeptical of the lefty fork. Does anyone have any expert advice that could steer me in one way or another? Thanks!

I personally would take Santa Cruz over any Cannondale but that's the left coast rider prejudice in me I suppose. Tallboy in my mind would be second only to the inch-more travel Yeti SB95 or the 5½" Transition Covert 29.

What is you riding style and terrain? The c-dale is a bawls out race bike Having ridden one it is fast smooth light just a nice bike but not forgiving for a cruise

I'd go with the Tallboy. I owned one and recently sold it for an Intense. The Tallboy has a great rear suspension and climbs very well but is comfortable for long rides.

Comparing a prostock drag car to a pro lite offroad truck. It's basically an apples and oranges thing. You won't go wrong either way