2016 fuji roubaix 1.0 vs 2015 cannondale caad10 5

lazybum

Oct 16, 2016
hi everyone, newbie to this forum.

I have been cycling for the past 1.5 year and looking to upgrade from 2015 Fuji Absolute 1.7 hybrid bike to a road bike. 2016 Fuji Roubaix 1.0 and 2015 Cannondale CAAD10 5 are the two bikes that i have finalized.

Roubaix because i have ridden a Fuji before and Fiju does not disappoint and CAAD10 because it supposedly has the best aluminum frame.

Both the bikes have almost same price tag. I see that Roubaix has better specs other than the frame but CAAD10 supposedly has the best frame. i am going to try both the bikes this coming weekend but need your expert guidance/comment please. Thank you!

The Fuji does spec the Ultegra rear derailleur and shifters...a plus in my book. I also prefer the trouble free Oval cranks to the FSA Gossamer on the C-dale (if' that is the correct crankset spec for that model and year...some use the Si with FSA rings.), which works well for some people and is a problem spot for others. FSA has improved the Gossamer so...maybe not an issue any longer?

Still, all of those components can be replaced over time as they wear. Chainrings/BB bearings need replaced and shimaNO shift levers will wear out...eventually. How much use the bike sees will determine the service life interval, of course. A lightly used bike will probably go 10 years before a new crankset or shifters are needed. Two years of hard use may trash those same components. As is often said, YMMV.

The Oval 327 wheels are heavier than the already heavy enough RS11 wheels on the CAAD. The newest shimaNO versions are straight pull spokes and I prefer those to the Oval's J-head's for durability. Of course the J-head's are more easily sourced in most locales. The Oval's get a slight nod for aero so probably a 50/50 tossup as to which would be considered more desirable. Dealer's choice in my book. Neither are race wheels and both will carry you for thousands of miles without major problems.

You can almost count on replacing the OEM saddles and possibly the stem for a length adjustment and maybe the seatpost if more or less setback is needed. Then, there is bar width, drop and reach to consider down the line a few weeks or months if that is needed to dial your position in to your liking. It's a rare rider that just hop on a bone stock bike and get a perfect fit and comfortable cockpit out of the box.

I would go do those test rides and buy on best fit, which one rides best under you and which one lights a fire in your legs. In a nutshell both are decent bikes

Last edited:
There's a lot of positives to be said for both bikes. I think picking the details YOU like best and finding which one just plain feels better with you wrapped around it...it's going to be hard to make a bad choice here IMO.

Reactions: lazybum
So i bought a fuju roubaix 1.0 yesterday. Thank you campybob for your feedback.

Sharing a photo..
image.jpeg