2018 motobecane elite adventure x5ltd vs fuji sunfire 2.0

JSW999

Sep 23, 2017
Hi,

Looking for advice on purchasing a bike for my wife on bikes direct.com. I'ver narrowed it down to two models 2018 Motobecane Elite Adventure X5LTD ($549) or the Fuji Sunfire 2.0 ($599). And advice or words of wisdom would be appreciated. I've included the specs below
thank you

Motobecane Elite:
Frame 700C ALLOY 6061, 2xH2O mounts, replaceable rear derailleur hanger
clearance for up to 29x2.0" (most brands of tire)
Fork/Headset 700C SUSPENSION FORK, SUNTOUR SF11-NVX-MLO, Remote Lockout / VP-A42E BLACK
Crankset SUNTOUR XCR 28/38/48T
170MM(13~16")/ 175MM(18~23")ALLOY BLACK CRANK
Bottom Bracket SUNTOUR, Sealed Cartridge Unit
Pedals MTB NEW SPEC 9/16" Boron Axle
Front Derailleur SRAM FD-X5-HC-A1 TOP PULL
Rear Derailleur SRAM RD-X5-A1 BLACK CAGE
Shifters SRAM X5 TRIGGER 27-SP (27 gears total)
Cassette/Chain SRAM PG-950 11-32T-9/ KMC Z-99
Hubs FORMULA DC19/25 Aluminum ALLOY BLACK with Quick Release
Spokes Stainless Steel
Rims WTB STP TCS Tubeless Compatible (add your own tubeless strips, fluid and valves and ride faster/ligher and virtually flat free), Aluminum ALLOY, 700c Black anodized
Tires/ Tubes WTB Nano 700x40C / Standard valve
clearance for up to 29x2.0" (most brands of tire)
Brakes TEKTRO DRACO Hydraulic DISC FR/RR 160mm Rotors
Brake Levers Tektro DRACO Hydraulic Aluminum Black Polish Finish
Handlebar Flat Bar W:600MMxR:20MMx6 DEGREES
Stem ALLOY BLACK 1.125" Threadless Aluminum
EXT:90MM(13"~16")/110MM(18~23")x10 DEGREES
Tape/Grip WTB Dual Comfort Density
Saddle WTB SPEED V SPORT SE
Seat Post Micro Adjust 300MM, ALLOY BLACK
Seat Clamp QR Aluminum Alloy Black Finish, 31.8mm
Sizes see pull down
Colors as shown

Fuji SunFier 2.0
Frame Front Triangle: FUJI A2 SL 6061 BTTD ALUM w/31.8mm ST
Rear triangle :
Fuji A2-SL aluminum with S-bend stay, Cold forged dropout w/replaceable hanger
Fork SUNTOUR SF14-NEX MLO DS 700C T63mm FOR POST MOUNT Disc w/BLK CROWN, WHITE
Crankset Shimano ACERA FOR REAR 9-SPEED, 48X36X26T W/CG, BLACK
Bottom Bracket VP-BC73 CARTRIDGE SEALED BEARING 68
Pedals RESIN BLACK BODY /ALLOY BLACK CAGE w/ 9/16" BORON AXLE w/REFL
Front Derailleur FRONT DERAILLEUR, FD-M390, Shimano ACERA, TOP- SWING, DUAL-PULL, FOR REAR 9-SPEED, BAND TYPE(W/31.8MM ADAPTER), CS ANGLE: 63-66, FOR 44/48T
Rear Derailleur REAR DERAILLEUR, RD-M591-L, Shimano DEORE, SGS 9-SPEED TOP-NORMAL DIRECT ATTACHMENT, BLACK
Shifters Shimano SHIFT LEVER, SL-M390, ACERA 27 gears total
Cassette/Freewheel Shimano CS-HG30-9 9-SPEED (27 gears total) 11-12-14-16-18-21-24-28-32T
Chain KMC X9
Hubs Fuji oversized Disc Al, QR hubs
Spokes 14G Stainless Steel
Rims ALEX G-2000 ALLOY 700 x 36H S/V w/o CNC SIDEWALL w/DECAL ANOD BLACK Double Wall Alloy Rims
Tires MAKO SHARK H-5113 / 700 x 35c / 30tpi
Brakes Tektro DRACO HYDRAULIC DISC BRAKE SET BLK KEVLAR HOSE
Brake Levers Tektro DRACO HYDRAULIC DISC BRAKE SET
Headset NO.10 1 1/8" STEEL / SEMI-INTG / CAGED BEARING / 8.2mm ANOD BLK TOP w/FSA
Handlebar Fuji Riser 20 Alloy Bar
Stem Fuji Forged Alloy w/removable faceplate
Tape/Grip Fuji Dual Density Kraton rubber
Saddle Fuji Sport MTB w/ steel rail DK BLUE BLACK STITCHING, w/o CLAMP w/STN STL RAILS w/BK BUMPERS
Seat Post Fuji Alloy micro adjust ALLOY 27.2 x 350mm
Seat Clamp Fuji QR ALLOY 31.8mm
Sizes as shown in pull down
Colors as shown

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I can't recommend any low end bike that has a suspension fork! Those low end suspension forks are more trouble then they're worth. First they cost the retailer more money then a rigid fork which means they have to cheapen the components and or frame to make the bike fit the price point they're trying to sell it for. Second they are heavy, very heavy, which makes it more difficult to propel due to watts being consumed. Third they are prone to failure and aren't cheap to replace. Fourth they take energy, or watts, from you due to the all the flexing up and down to propel the bike. Fifth they don't perform in fast downhill type of riding which is the only purpose for them, outside of racing on rough terrain or fast downhill riding you don't need a suspension fork, and if you do that sort of thing you need at least an $800 fork which won't be found on a $500 bike.

Bike manufactures put those cheap suspension forks on bikes to appeal to guys who want a macho bike, it's like a fishing lure to a fish!

I use to ride my MTB down trails in the mountains of S California and my MTB has no suspension system on it whatsoever, and never needed a suspension. I wasn't racing either, just having fun.

If you want some sort of suspension to do off roading with you would be better served with a fat tire bike and no suspension fork or rear. Those fat tires only run about 20 psi and will float over obstacles absorbing a lot of shock. Bikes Direct has a selection of Motobecane fat tire bikes (I think those are better than the Gravity line), see: http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/fat-bikes.htm The Boris X5 was rated very good for it's price point which is in your price point.

If you won't be doing any off road stuff then go with a standard type of bike like a hybrid or commuter bike, just stay away from suspension systems. If the wife says she wants a suspensions system but not a fat bike then get a suspension seatpost on a standard bike, it's a lot cheaper and will last a long time, the seatpost will be an aftermarket purchase. The Motobecane Cafe Turino seen here: http://www.bikesdirect.com/products...e-roadbikes/turinocafe-discbrake-roadbike.htm is a decent bike with that sort of thought.

Last edited:
Chin Oddity assures you with high quality counterfeit bills for the following currencies; USD,Euros,pounds and Canada Polymer banknotes and blank notes with security features, perfectly reproduced with his hologram.
We bring you different great offers
Novelty Money,we have a mastery of the art of printing and production of undetected counterfeit notes with authenticity
guaranteed.These notes can be used to carry out your daily transactions and huge business as they have been forged to look and feel like real money

security strip

water mark

micro print

passes pen test

Passes UV TEST

Contact info:

Wickr:mad:Chin_Oddity

Email: [email protected]