20km ride near Kurung-Gai Chase in Sydney ?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Andy Ball, Sep 20, 2003.

  1. Andy Ball

    Andy Ball Guest

    I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ? Looking to get some
    longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible in Sydney

    cheers, Andy

    Tags:

  2. Nick Payne

    Nick Payne Guest

    Down through Bobbin Head and up the other side, then turn around and come back.

    "Andy Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ? Looking to get some
    > longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible in Sydney

  3. Arpit

    Arpit Guest

    You mean that big dip?

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:58:38 +1000, "Nick Payne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Down through Bobbin Head and up the other side, then turn around and come back.
    >
    >"Andy Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ? Looking to get some
    >> longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible in Sydney

  4. Andrew Price

    Andrew Price Guest

    "Andy Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Looking to get some longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible

    Old Pacific Highway north from Hornsby, Brooklyn, Peats Ridge, Mangrove Mtn, Wiseman's ferry, Wyong

    Glaston Gorge, Berowra Waters, Bobbin Head (the triple peaks, triple creeks ride)

    McCarrs Creek, Akuna Bay, West Head

    Bayview, back of Pittwater, Nothern Beachs

    all the pain anyone could possibly require

  5. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    > Looking to get some longish uninterupted mileage in which seems
    impossible
    : >
    :
    : Glaston Gorge, Berowra Waters, Bobbin Head (the triple peaks, triple
    creeks
    : ride)
    :
    : McCarrs Creek, Akuna Bay, West Head
    :
    : Bayview, back of Pittwater, Nothern Beachs
    :
    : all the pain anyone could possibly require
    :
    :

    They are excellent rides. If you are a bit of a glutton you can go Mangrove mtn to Berowra then
    through Berowra waters up to dural and reverse. Also the bobbin head run is ok for a shortie with a
    great fun winding hill.

    Pete

  6. joemax

    joemax New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2003
    The SMH article was about the West Head ride. If you ride from the entry gate on West Head Road its approx 25km return but there's lots of options to ride from further back.

  7. Arpit

    Arpit Guest

    I got a new bike, yay :) maybe when i get a bit better at riding in a few weeks we can go riding
    together or something

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:17:12 GMT, "Andy Ball" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ? Looking to get some
    >longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible in Sydney
    >
    >cheers, Andy

  8. M2cycler

    M2cycler New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2003
    Andy, there is a relatively new bunch riding out from renegade cycles 7:00 saturday mornings. check the website and go to weekly news on the left menu

  9. Suzy Jackson

    Suzy Jackson Guest

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:17:12 GMT, "Andy Ball" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ? Looking to get some
    >longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible in Sydney

    Surely you were thinking of "Cinque Montagnes". Fairly simple one: Start in Turramurra, ride down
    Bobbin Head Road through Bobbin Head and up the other side to the highway, then South to Hornsby,
    West down to Galston Gorge and up the other side, then North to Berowra Waters. Catch a quick
    breather while you wait for the ferry, then up the hill to Berowra, North at the Highway past the
    pie shop, a quick u-turn at Brooklyn Road for the climb back to the pie shop. Then South along the
    highway, and back down through Bobbin Head to the start.

    Around 100km, with five good climbs, and almost all on quiet rural roads. The true masochist can
    retrace their path from Brooklyn Road, back through Berowra Waters and Galston Gorge, for a total of
    around 130km and seven good climbs. Me, I'm working up to the five climb variety.

    Regards,

    Suzy