20km ride near Kurung-Gai Chase in Sydney ?

Status

Andy Ball

Guest
I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ? Looking to get some
longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible in Sydney

cheers, Andy

Down through Bobbin Head and up the other side, then turn around and come back.

"Andy Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ? Looking to get some
> longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible in Sydney

You mean that big dip?

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:58:38 +1000, "Nick Payne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Down through Bobbin Head and up the other side, then turn around and come back.
>
>"Andy Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ? Looking to get some
>> longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible in Sydney

"Andy Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Looking to get some longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible

Old Pacific Highway north from Hornsby, Brooklyn, Peats Ridge, Mangrove Mtn, Wiseman's ferry, Wyong

Glaston Gorge, Berowra Waters, Bobbin Head (the triple peaks, triple creeks ride)

McCarrs Creek, Akuna Bay, West Head

Bayview, back of Pittwater, Nothern Beachs

all the pain anyone could possibly require

> Looking to get some longish uninterupted mileage in which seems
impossible
: >
:
: Glaston Gorge, Berowra Waters, Bobbin Head (the triple peaks, triple
creeks
: ride)
:
: McCarrs Creek, Akuna Bay, West Head
:
: Bayview, back of Pittwater, Nothern Beachs
:
: all the pain anyone could possibly require
:
:

They are excellent rides. If you are a bit of a glutton you can go Mangrove mtn to Berowra then
through Berowra waters up to dural and reverse. Also the bobbin head run is ok for a shortie with a
great fun winding hill.

Pete

Originally posted by Andy Ball
I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ? Looking to get some
longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible in Sydney

cheers, Andy

The SMH article was about the West Head ride. If you ride from the entry gate on West Head Road its approx 25km return but there's lots of options to ride from further back.

I got a new bike, yay :) maybe when i get a bit better at riding in a few weeks we can go riding
together or something

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:17:12 GMT, "Andy Ball" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ? Looking to get some
>longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible in Sydney
>
>cheers, Andy

Andy, there is a relatively new bunch riding out from renegade cycles 7:00 saturday mornings. check the website and go to weekly news on the left menu

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:17:12 GMT, "Andy Ball" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ? Looking to get some
>longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible in Sydney

Surely you were thinking of "Cinque Montagnes". Fairly simple one: Start in Turramurra, ride down
Bobbin Head Road through Bobbin Head and up the other side to the highway, then South to Hornsby,
West down to Galston Gorge and up the other side, then North to Berowra Waters. Catch a quick
breather while you wait for the ferry, then up the hill to Berowra, North at the Highway past the
pie shop, a quick u-turn at Brooklyn Road for the climb back to the pie shop. Then South along the
highway, and back down through Bobbin Head to the start.

Around 100km, with five good climbs, and almost all on quiet rural roads. The true masochist can
retrace their path from Brooklyn Road, back through Berowra Waters and Galston Gorge, for a total of
around 130km and seven good climbs. Me, I'm working up to the five climb variety.

Regards,

Suzy

Status
Not open for further replies.