22yo and slipped disk

ejglows

Apr 3, 2004
Okay, this seems almost unfair. I am riding in a race and going around a turn (leading the pack) at 65k/h when something just GOES in my back...I cant push on the pedals, and furthermore can`t sit up when I finally pull over and stop. I have a pain tolerance (pins in the shoulder and a reconstructed knee) but this is rediculous! After seeing the DR and a few weeks of R/R, I am back on the bike and just waiting for that *twinge*...
Anyone else out there have a similar problem? What helped/didnt help? How long does it take for something like this to heal? I have done plenty of core training in my life and know that more is certainly not going to be of great benefit. Do I suck it up and wait? Will this ever just GO AWAY?
Any suggestions will be of great help.

e

(My Dr doesnt speak much English and would scold me if he knew what I was doing)

did you just do stomach or did you do back training too? maybe you use too much wieght on you back training? try glucosamine chondroiton and msm.

ask your doctor to refer you to a sports medicine profesional. Your GP's job is to get you back to work, being able to do some gardening etc etc....the sports doc will get you back on your bike.