23 Minutes in Hell

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by JClark420, Mar 8, 2008.

1. JClark420

JClark420 New Member

If you get a chance please check this out….

http://spiritlessons.com/

An incredible Testimony of Bill Wiese and his 23 minute trip to Hell. Bill was placed in Hell, not as a casual observer, but as someone who was not saved. He recounts all the horrid details with such precision that it captivates the listener from start to finish. If you haven't heard these testimonies, stop everything and hear them. They will permanently altered your outlook on life. My prayer life moved away from "Lord, bless me here and bless me there," to "Souls, Souls, Souls for Jesus" Jesus came to save us from unspeakable doom, and your love for Him will grow once you hear what He saved us from.

Tags:

2. Eldron

Eldron New Member

Methinks Bill Wiese should not take acid after reading Revelations...

3. Ike90

Ike90 New Member

One would think that the first definitive visit to Hell would yield more than 169 pages.

4. Valleyguy

Valleyguy New Member

"unspeakable doom"

From whom, God or the Devil? A firey hell does not exist, it was created by the churches to instill fear into followers. There is symbolism in the Bible that speaks of fire and sulpher, but it is symbolic. Can you imagine a God of Love punishing a person by forcing that person to burn forever? God is not perverted, He would not do that.

Try reading your Bible and learn from there instead of from someone taking acid.

5. Piotr

Piotr New Member

God does not infringe on your free choice to be apart from him. Ultimately we choose our final destination.

6. bkaapcke

bkaapcke New Member

You can't sell a religion without a heaven. People simply won't invest time and energy without an afterlife reward. This heaven must not be automatically available to all, or, there is no point in investing the time and energy. So, an 'alternative' is required to complete the sales package.

Sales will go more smoothly if the alternative is horrendous. The worse it is, without straining credulity, the better it will work. Thus, hell was created. I do have to admit, it does a good job of scaring the sheep into the churches. But then, Christianity is a religion specifically designed for sheep.

Those of us who are wolves should bear in mind that taking up sheep philosophy simply won't do. bk

7. Piotr

Piotr New Member

Sounds like someone's done a good sales job on you. :rolleyes:

8. Bob Ross

Bob Ross New Member

Then who invented beastiality and pederasty?

9. Valleyguy

Valleyguy New Member

Must I repeat this. Try reading the Bible for yourself instead of following a man. Your answer sure tried hard to step around the real issue, that of the existance of a firey hell. The Bible does not teach of a literal, physical firey hell. It is symbolic.

Yes, I agree we choose our own destination. What purpose would it serve to burn someone for an eternity. If one missed the mark so to speak and found themselves willing and knowingly(and without repentence) in God's disapproval, wouldn't a compassionate loving God simply end that persons life for eternity rather than dousing him in fire. Who would ever serve a God with an honest heart when this fear of burning forever is on ones mind?

10. Valleyguy

Valleyguy New Member

Satan the Devil. Who else. And who invented Satan??..he was created by God originally as an angel, but he rebelled and chose his own way. I don't think he has horns and tail though.

11. Piotr

Piotr New Member

I think I understand your point about the existence of a physical "fiery" hell and I agree that it's mostly a part of Christian mythology (not theology).

12. Felt_Rider

Felt_Rider Active Member

There are specific mentions of a place of constant eternal torment in the bible and that souls live on eternally in God's presence or out of it. I am not wise enough to discern God's ways for further discussion, but only enough to point out some bible verses that may help you understand why many people believe in eternal condemnation.

Luke 16: 19-31
    Luke 16:24
    Daniel 12:2
    Revelation 14:10-11
    Revelation 20:14-15
    Matthew 25:46

...just to mention a few

When I was an aethiest I had hope that when my life ended it would simply end as you say and that I would have no further conscience of living, but simply move into eternal nothing.

Things have changed since :)

13. Valleyguy

Valleyguy New Member

There are specific mentions of a place of constant eternal torment in the bible and that souls live on eternally in God's presence or out of it. I am not wise enough to discern God's ways for further discussion, but only enough to point out some bible verses that may help you understand why many people believe in eternal condemnation.

Luke 16: 19-31 (symbolic, a drop of water would provide no relief in a "firey hell")
    Luke 16:24 (see above)
    Daniel 12:2 (everlasting contempt would refer to everlasting disapproval of God, or everlasting death).
    Revelation 14:10-11 (symbolic, see Ecclesiastes 9:5, one cannot be tormented if thier thoughts no longer exist. the word torment refers to being jailed or no relief or restrained forever, restrained forever in eternal death.)
    Revelation 20:14-15
    Matthew 25:46(greek word used in original texts is ko'la-sin, literally meaning lopping off or pruning)

Unfortunately many translations of the Bible contain errors in translation, sometimes because of mistakes but often because of agenda.

I think you would find that if you combine two things you may find you will see God differently than you do now. First, God, the Creator is a God of Love. He also made us in His image, meaning he gave us the capicity to have his qualities of love, justice, mercies and others. Could you imagine yourself tending a firepit filled people screaming in pain from being burnt. That is an awful thought, but in affect, that is how you are visualizing God. Also, in the Old Testament at Jeremiah 7:31 when some of God's people were sacrificing thier children in fire, God made it clear that not only did he not command that, but it never came into his heart. If that could not come into his heart how could he burn people for eternity?

Acts 2:25-27 makes reference to the fact that Jesus in Hell for a time. Why would God burn his own son?

Give some thought also to Rev. 20:13,14. "The sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to thier works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire." Hell and the lake of fire are not the same, in fact hell will be destroyed in the lake of fire. Hell refers to the common grave of mankind.

Second, humbly pray to God and ask him if you have the correct understanding on the references to Hell in the Bible. If you are honest with yourself he will give you an answer."

...just to mention a few

When I was an aethiest I had hope that when my life ended it would simply end as you say and that I would have no further conscience of living, but simply move into eternal nothing.

"No further conscience after death is a Bible teaching. See Ecclesiastes 9:5."

Things have changed since

14. Piotr

Piotr New Member

Literal translations can be problematic as well. I think the "agenda" of translating to capture the correct meaning of words in light of the human author's culture is the correct approach. For example, to say that Al Gore is "as green as they come" may be grossly misunderstood a millenium from now, except by historians well familiar with our times.

Let's not forget that the bible as a whole is the Word of God, not any part of it alone. And it needs to be understood in context of it's entire message. Also, it is so because the early church said so and we believe in that God given authority.

15. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

I prefer to put my faith in the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster. In pasta I trust. It is the perfect religion for an endurance athlete.

16. wolfix

wolfix New Member

17. bkaapcke

bkaapcke New Member

At least the guy knows where he is going. Kinda nice not having any doubts about it. bk

18. djbonnet

djbonnet New Member

Well,sadly it is the wolves that will be there, the ones who curse God and glibly deny His existence

19. Reid2

Reid2 Member

The very definition of hell is "hello, kitty!", minus the "o"

20. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

So where do unbelievers go when they die? Or maybe instead of going somewhere, what happens to them?