23in wanted

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by rob, Jan 6, 2005.

  1. rob

    rob Guest

    23in mtb frame or complete mountain bike wanted
    cheers
    rob

    Tags:

  2. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

  3. Mike Causer

    Mike Causer Guest

    On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 18:14:13 +0000, rob wrote:

    > 23in mtb frame or complete mountain bike wanted cheers

    A 21.5" Giant Boulder Alu-shock any use? Only done about 10km because
    it's too big for the original purchaser.

    Mike

  4. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Simon Brooke <[email protected]> writes:

    >> 23in mtb frame or complete mountain bike wanted

    > Are you sure? That's **HUGE** for a modern mountain bike frame.

    So he's well-equipped to thump anyone who sells him a dud.

    --
    Nick Kew

  5. rob

    rob Guest

    i am using a 20.5 inch frame now which is to small
    i am 6 ft 4 tall
    i have the seat pin at the max hieght and the handlebar stem is extended

    "Nick Kew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Simon Brooke <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    >>> 23in mtb frame or complete mountain bike wanted

    >> Are you sure? That's **HUGE** for a modern mountain bike frame.

    > So he's well-equipped to thump anyone who sells him a dud.
    >
    > --
    > Nick Kew

  6. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, rob
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > i am using a 20.5 inch frame now which is to small
    > i am 6 ft 4 tall
    > i have the seat pin at the max hieght and the handlebar stem is
    > extended

    Yup, but the geometry of mountain bikes has been changing rapidly, and
    not all manufacturers use the same geometry, by any means. You need to
    go and try a few. Don't be surprised if you end up with a 19", or even
    a 17" - it depends on (mostly) the angle of the top tube. What matters
    is that it's comfortable to you.

    I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those
    who are now possible remain possible -- Michael Bakunin