24" Bedford/Profile MUni for sale

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by michaeli, May 11, 2004.

  1. michaeli

    michaeli Guest

    i'm reposting this now that general stuff quesitoning my character has
    been sorted out (just want to have this on a clean slate... if you don't
    know what i'm reaferring to, dig up the earlier thread with the same
    name as this one.)

    Sadly to say, I am selling my MUni. I haven't been able to justify the
    investment considering how little I've used it and my road bike has been
    calling too strongly over the past year.

    So, here is what is on the table:

    - Bedford frame, chrome (no powder coat)
    - 24" Alex DX32 rim (completely true, no flat spots)
    - Profile hub and 145mm cranks
    - Miyata seat, no cracks in the handle
    - Roach seat cover w/ air pillow (both from Unicycle.com)
    - Sun Ringle pedals (have all pegs, removable w/ a phillips screwdriver
    -- bearings are great)
    - Stout 24" tire
    - Intense DH tube
    - 3-bolt seat clamp
    - comes with a 3" Fireball tire as well

    I paid around $1200 CAD for all of this, I'm asking $750 CAD obo. I'm
    not out to rip anyone off but I think I'm justified in asking this price
    as it's a high-quality MUni in excellent condition with some decent
    extras.

    If you want to see some pictures of it when I first bought it (it now
    has the Roach seat cover on it), look here:
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/eli (there is some other stuff mixed in
    with the MUni pics, but I'm sure you can pick out the right ones).

    I bought this MUni from Darren (Bedford, for those of you who don't know
    him) last February, rode it in the Toque Games at the Toronto Bike Show,
    rode it for another couple months and then retired it to my basement. I
    left it at home when I came back to Hamilton for school, and it hung
    there for the entirety of this year.

    It's clean, has a few chips off the chrome on the cranks, virtually no
    marks on the rim or frame. I'll be able to grab a digital camera and
    take some pictures to email to anyone who's interested. Just PM me or
    email me, [email protected]

    I'll be shipping it from Nova Scotia. I just looked into shipping a bike
    across the country (from Vancouver) and it looked like CanadaPost would
    charge about $30, so shipping shouldn't be too bad--I'm not sure about
    the US, but again, I can't see it being terrible.

    Later,
    Eli.

    --
    michaeli - Trust me... I know.
    michaeli's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2234

  2. michaeli

    michaeli Guest

  3. elmer

    elmer Guest

    Michaeli is offering an extremely good deal here! This is $550
    Canadian, which is going to cost you less than $550 American. This
    looks like a very capable and practical rig to me. If you've been
    waiting for a good thing, here it is!

    --
    elmer - uniimpaired

    "At 40 life begins...to show."
    elmer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5193

  4. elmer

    elmer Guest

  5. unigeee

    unigeee Guest

    wow! 5-freaking-50. if i wasn't already set up i would nab that one. be
    patient, it will go. come down to CUMON in quebec city and i'm sure
    you'll sell it there.

    john

    --
    unigeee - Hmmmmm!
    unigeee's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5397

  6. digigal1

    digigal1 Guest

    I LOVE to buy expensive stuff at a great discount (it is my shopping MO
    and a great joy in my life,) but I hesitate for a few reasons: I'm in NY
    so who knows how much the shipping would be, how do you do the dollar
    conversion, and I'm just starting to learn how to ride so don't know if
    muni will even be my chosen favorite way to ride.

    Oh, and try to sell me: why would I buy a used (even for that price,)
    when I could get a new KH20?

    --
    digigal1 - You call this middle age??

    Omni for Uni and Uni for Omni!
    digigal1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5848

  7. doofe

    doofe Guest

    you would rather buy this one because its stronger. and a better deal
    for the price. and more reliable. and it will be hard to find this good
    of a deal anywhere else. and because it has better components. and
    because a uni like that would cost almost twice as much anywhere else.
    haha. THAT, my friends, is why you buy THIS one

    --
    doofe - Skilled unicyclist

    FOR THE LAST TIME!!!! YES, I CAN RIDE THAT THING!!!!!
    doofe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4335

  8. michaeli

    michaeli Guest

  9. michaeli

    michaeli Guest

  10. PopeSamXVI

    PopeSamXVI Guest

  11. jagur

    jagur Guest

    PopeSamXVI wrote:
    > *I don't know what a DX32 rim is is. *

    ive noticed that you never use the "search" function. try it somtime
    instead of adding clutter.

    * someone buy this dudes uni!*

    --
    jagur - #3649_all fluff i hear?

    -Forget_Your_Life-

  12. PopeSamXVI

    PopeSamXVI Guest

    --
    PopeSamXVI - Resident Hogwasher/Hornswaggler

    Karol Jozef Wojtyla Forever!

    I really am the president of my own fan club. www.samhunterfanclub.tk
    PopeSamXVI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6661

  13. elmer

    elmer Guest

    PopeSamXVI: The DX 32 is perhaps the most popular MUni rim available.
    It is popular because it is wide enough to handle the 3" tires, and
    because it is light, strong and relatively inexpensive. It is also
    popular in the 19" trials size.

    Digigal: If you want the latest conversion rate just type "currency
    conversion rates" or something similar into your search engine, there
    are thousands of sites that will give you the conversion rate for free.
    But roughly, 75 cents American is worth $1 Canadian at the moment.

    --
    elmer - uniimpaired

    "At 40 life begins...to show."
    elmer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5193

  14. michaeli

    michaeli Guest

    For currency conversion, this is my favoured site:
    http://www.xe.com/ucc/

    Also most major banks should have a page of their current conversion
    rates:

    Royal Bank of Canada: http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/rates/cashrates.html
    TD Canada Trust: http://tinyurl.com/2ctsk

    ...and so on.

    Later,
    Eli.

    --
    michaeli - Trust me... I know.
    michaeli's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2234

  15. michaeli

    michaeli Guest

    digigal1 wrote:
    > *I LOVE to buy expensive stuff at a great discount (it is my shopping
    > MO and a great joy in my life,)*

    You and me both :). I just picked up over $700 of cycling gear for a bit
    under three hundred bucks. That was part of my reason for giving the
    price a good drop, that and there hadn't been any response at $750. I
    figure, the MUni is doing no good hanging in my basement and someone out
    there is going to get great joy from a) riding the thing and b) not
    having to shell out as much cash as they had perhaps expected.

    Later,
    Eli.

    --
    michaeli - Trust me... I know.
    michaeli's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2234

  16. Beener

    Beener Guest

    Ok, so are you in Ontario right now or on the cost. Hypothetically
    speaking I could pick the Muni up from you if you are in Ontario. In
    fact, if digigal wants me to bring it down to the states when I go at
    the end of this month, I might juts take a few US bucks for the
    handling. Two thougts at once.

    --
    Beener - oldschool onewheeler

    If you swear, you'll catch no fish.
    Beener's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3817

  17. Beener

    Beener Guest

  18. digigal1

    digigal1 Guest

  19. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:16:11 -0500, "Beener" wrote:

    >ok so to recap my spelling. That's Coast, and just and thoughts

    Beener, if you discover your spelling errors withing 10 minutes, and
    you posted from the forum, you can edit your own post to correct. That
    is neater than sending a separate errata message.

    (However, in most cases the uncorrected version is propagated to the
    other platforms such as the Usenet newsgroup.)

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    be sure to remove the saddle and simply sit on the seat post. this is far more comfortable - tennisgh22 on the comfort of Savage unis

  20. michaeli

    michaeli Guest

    Beener wrote:
    > *Ok, so are you in Ontario right now or on the cost. Hypothetically
    > speaking I could pick the Muni up from you if you are in Ontario. In
    > fact, if digigal wants me to bring it down to the states when I go at
    > the end of this month, I might juts take a few US bucks for the
    > handling. Two thougts at once. *

    Unfortunately I'm in Nova Scotia right now and will be until the end of
    the summer.

    Eli