24 hours of Temecula

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Michael Paul, Apr 28, 2003.

  1. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    Miles Todd and I were on one team of four, while Bill Porter (MTBBill) was on another team of four
    for this race and I shot this video on my second pre-ride with Bill (the camera had issues the first
    time when there were more people, but this way we get to enjoy that much more Mr. Porter!)

    Miles makes an appearance at the end (he's the very road looking fellow on the green SS).

    thanks to Mr. Porter for hosting this video for me in an attempt to keep sony Imagestation from
    shutting the account down.

    Try my website first at http://www.geocities.com/mfpaul/rides.html but if my very expensive, high
    dollar web hosting service shuts you out, download the video from this link on Bill's site
    http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/24hrTemecula.mpg

    Either way, please download the file first and don't stream it.

    My team ended up in 7th place out of 30 teams (16th place overall) but that genetic freak Tinker
    Juarez still beat us all by himself! We did 20 laps on the 11.5 mile course featuring 1900 feet of
    climbing per lap. Bill's team came in a very respectable 12th place considering two of his teammates
    had never done a 24 hour race before. Of course, we did lap his team..........

    Nobody on either team got hurt and to the best of my recollection nobody suffered any major
    mechanical issues out on the course either so that by itself is a success.

    Michael

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Michael Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Miles Todd and I were on one team of four, while Bill Porter (MTBBill) was on another team of four
    > for this race and I shot this video on my second pre-ride with Bill (the camera had issues the
    > first time when there were more people, but this way we get to enjoy that much more Mr. Porter!)
    >
    > Miles makes an appearance at the end (he's the very road looking fellow on the green SS).
    >
    > thanks to Mr. Porter for hosting this video for me in an attempt to keep sony Imagestation from
    > shutting the account down.
    >
    > Try my website first at http://www.geocities.com/mfpaul/rides.html but if my very expensive, high
    > dollar web hosting service shuts you out, download the video from this link on Bill's site
    > http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/24hrTemecula.mpg
    >
    > Either way, please download the file first and don't stream it.
    >
    > My team ended up in 7th place out of 30 teams (16th place overall) but that genetic freak Tinker
    > Juarez still beat us all by himself! We did 20 laps on the 11.5 mile course featuring 1900 feet of
    > climbing per lap. Bill's team came in a very respectable 12th place considering two of his
    > teammates had never done a 24 hour race before. Of course, we did lap his team..........
    >
    > Nobody on either team got hurt and to the best of my recollection nobody suffered any major
    > mechanical issues out on the course either so that by itself is a success.
    >
    > Michael

    Great job!! That looks like one seriously fun course.
    --
    Slacker

  3. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    <snip>
    > My team ended up in 7th place out of 30 teams (16th place overall) but that genetic freak Tinker
    > Juarez still beat us all by himself! We did 20 laps on the 11.5 mile course featuring 1900 feet of
    > climbing per lap.
    >
    > Michael

    No, he didn't. We did one more lap than he did. Of course, he passed on the opportunity to take that
    20th lap (he had time to do it), and he might have beaten us if he did, BUT HE DIDN'T. So there.

    Miles

  4. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
    > <snip>
    > > My team ended up in 7th place out of 30 teams (16th place overall) but that genetic freak Tinker
    > > Juarez still beat us all by himself! We did 20
    laps
    > > on the 11.5 mile course featuring 1900 feet of climbing per lap.
    > >
    > > Michael
    > >

    > No, he didn't. We did one more lap than he did. Of course, he passed on the opportunity to
    > take that 20th lap (he had time to do it), and he might have beaten us if he did, BUT HE
    > DIDN'T. So there.
    >
    > Miles

    Well that makes me feel more significant then! :)

    Michael