24 Hours on a Treadmill - 261.75 miles ughhhh

> 12 guys just ran 261.75 miles on a treadmill over a 24 hour period -
> that translates to 5:30 pace over the 24 hours. That is one long,
> boring run......

Actually, it sounds like lots of short, boring runs:

> Over the 24 hours, the team ran 156 segments of various times that ranged
> from
> 2:00 minutes to 1 hour! The most popular segment to run was 10:00 minutes.
> This was run a total of 91 times or 58% of the total. The average pace
> of the 10 min segment was 5:29. 26 segments or 17% of the time we
> were running 5:00 segments for an average pace of 5:31.

--Harold Buck

"Hubris always wins in the end. The Greeks taught us that."

-Homer J. Simpson

On Mar 8, 10:01 am, Harold Buck <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
>
> [email protected] wrote:
> > 12 guys just ran 261.75 miles on atreadmillover a 24hourperiod -
> > that translates to 5:30 pace over the 24 hours. That is one long,
> > boring run......

> Actually, it sounds like lots of short, boring runs:

Agreed and it was - although not really boring just hard as you were
going all out for each run
the hardest part was staying loose between runs and over the 24 hours.
Two guys pulled hamstrings
and couldn't run at their max nor did they run during the final two
hours. I doubt any of us will do it again.