24hr riding in Canberra

RobWoozle

Guest
Seems that there are TWO races now...

The Scott - at Stromlo, Oct 13/14

The MONT - at Majura, Oct 27/28

Obviously too much mountain biking is not enough!

RobWoozle wrote:
> Seems that there are TWO races now...

Where have you been?

> Obviously too much mountain biking is not enough!

That remains to be seen.

Parbs

Parbs wrote:
> RobWoozle wrote:
>> Seems that there are TWO races now...
>>

> Where have you been?
>>
>> Obviously too much mountain biking is not enough!

> That remains to be seen.
>
> Parbs

Agreed - if you make it all the way through the first one, you'll
probably still be sore for the second!

--
//Adam F

RobWoozle wrote:
> Seems that there are TWO races now...
>
> The Scott - at Stromlo, Oct 13/14
>
> The MONT - at Majura, Oct 27/28
>
> Obviously too much mountain biking is not enough!

I thought this was a reference to the Tour of Canberra (starting
today!). Anyone else coming? A huge turnout expected with over 600
riders. D-grade has something like 98 riders listed. That'll be hairy
coming into the river crossings!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Parbs wrote:
> RobWoozle wrote:
>> Seems that there are TWO races now...
>>

> Where have you been?
>>
>> Obviously too much mountain biking is not enough!

> That remains to be seen.
>
> Parbs

Ha! I've been geocaching - man that is fun, especially on a MTB.

Two races brings up a number of issues I can see....

-firstly, expense - the Scott isn't cheap (not commenting on value) so
another race a couple of weeks after will tax the bank balance mightily

-volunteers....you need them to run both races...challenging

-how many people want two 24hr races in a couple of weeks - might be OK
if you choose the larger team options for them I guess

I dunno which to choose either. I absolutely love riding at Majura...it
rocks. Stromlo has little or no shade but looks like a great track.
Decisions, decisions!!!!

Rob