26.0 vs. 25.4 handlebar clamp on Uno stem

meb

New Member
Aug 21, 2003
1,219
I have a Uno stem with Nitto Handlebar. Looks like 26.0 mm handlebar, but am not comfortable with my coarse measurement and would prefer not to take the bars off just to confirm before ordering a taller stem.

Can anyone confirm if all Uno stems are 26.0? I know Nitto makes both 25.4 and 26.0 road bars.

meb wrote:
> I have a Uno stem with Nitto Handlebar. Looks like 26.0 mm

handlebar,
> but am not comfortable with my coarse measurement and would prefer

not
> to take the bars off just to confirm before ordering a taller stem.
>
> Can anyone confirm if all Uno stems are 26.0? I know Nitto makes

both
> 25.4 and 26.0 road bars.

Uno also makes both sizes. Which Nitto handlebar do you have?

Most road "drop" handlebars are 26.0mm, while most "flat" handlebars
(MTB or "upright" road bars) are 25.4mm. Once exception are the
"Moustache" handlebars, which I've seen in both diameters. I'd consider
it to be an "upright" handlebar, but it's built for "drop" handlebar
parts: brake levers and bar-end shifters. "Drop" brake levers won't fit
an "upright" handlebar: the clamp's usually too big, and bar-ends won't
fit most "upright" handlebars: the inside diameter is too small.

Jeff