26" touring tires ?

BikeyGuy

Sep 27, 2003
Any recommendations for a 26" high pressure tire for a fully loaded touring bike ?
No off road, pavement only.

Thanks

BikeyGuy said:
Any recommendations for a 26" high pressure tire for a fully loaded touring bike ?
No off road, pavement only.

Thanks

Check out Schwalbe Marathon Plus, though they're not 100 psi tires.

If you want a 100 psi tire, you might try the Kenda 26"x1.5" Tandem Tire. I use them on our tandem. They are heavy but tough. See the link below.

PRECISION TANDEMS BICYCLE PARTS CATALOG

I really like my Specialized Armadillo Nimbus tires I have on my TREK SU100 26x1.5

Not sure what width tires you are looking for, but if you are looking for a slightly wider tire than 1.5" the Geax Evolution II tires in 1.9" size have gotten very good reviews on the net. They have been referred to as "poor man's Schwalbes", in that they offer great durability and still roll fairly well. Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires ,while considered the best expedition level touring tires available, will run you close to $60 apiece. Geax Evolutions are supposed to offer very similar performance for about $30 each.

Chainringtattoo said:
Not sure what width tires you are looking for, but if you are looking for a slightly wider tire than 1.5" the Geax Evolution II tires in 1.9" size have gotten very good reviews on the net. They have been referred to as "poor man's Schwalbes", in that they offer great durability and still roll fairly well. Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires ,while considered the best expedition level touring tires available, will run you close to $60 apiece. Geax Evolutions are supposed to offer very similar performance for about $30 each.

Hi

Continental do a few good touring tyres, not all expensive, 26" x 1.3 - 1.9 whatever width you need.

Hope this helps

Alexis