27 May Critical Mass photos

Tony Raven wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> >
> >>Read the Highway Code; they should not be overtaking at a junction, they
> >>should not be overtaking when there is traffic coming in the other direction

> > There was no junction before the one with the car and there was no
> > traffic coming in the other direction before the car. The car was too
> > close to the kerb and its limited turning circle meant it had to
> > venture onto the wrong side of the road it was entering. The driver was
> > clearly in the wrong.
> >

> But there was a junction at the junction was there not? So they should
> not be overtaking on the wrong side of the road at the junction.

As the car started to nose in the cyclists at the junction were on the
correct side of the road in single file. Look at the unedited video.

Doug

JLB <[email protected]> wrote:

>BIG_ONE wrote:

>> isn't it a one way road leading onto carnaby street ?

>No idea. If so that would be relevant.

don't suppose so

>BTW, it's somewhat distracting that your posts have no "from" line and
>no sig; such things make it easier for other people to track who they
>are reading.

what an odd request .... it's kinda touching that someone would
request it

>Is there any particular reason for using no label or name
>in the usual places (though BIG ONE appears elsewhere)?

if you wanna know i just upgraded my newsreader, it didn't ask me for
such details & when i noticed that that information wasn't being
included i wasn't bothered, I gave up on sigs about the turn of the
century when some NG started fuming about the ASCII art & the mail
address i normally include has been dead for some time

On Sun, 29 May 2005 01:42:26 -0700, sam wrote:

> I'd never been on one of these before.

Thi