27x1-3/8 tires still available?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Saku_39, Feb 13, 2003.

  1. Saku_39

    Saku_39 Guest

    I recently bought a vintage touring bike with 27" wheels and I want to get my hands on a wider set
    of tires. It seems like most 27" tires nowadays stop at 1-1/4 inch, but I know there used to be
    1-3/8 tires on the market.

    Does anybody know any companies or stores that still sell this size?

    Tags:

  2. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    Fri, 14 Feb 2003 02:36:21 GMT, <[email protected]>, "saku_39"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I recently bought a vintage touring bike with 27" wheels and I want to get my hands on a wider set
    >of tires. It seems like most 27" tires nowadays stop at 1-1/4 inch, but I know there used to be
    >1-3/8 tires on the market.
    >
    >Does anybody know any companies or stores that still sell this size?

    A cyclocross tread is all I have seen in 27" x 1 3/8"

    Tioga Bloodhound is commonly available at Mountain Equipment Coop and a quick search showed
    lots of hits.

    I'd not want them for touring paved roads.
    --
    zk