2nd time around

Lj

Guest
It's been a few years since I last picked up a bike and rode it. I remember struggling up a hill and
enjoying the fruits of my labor after reaching the top. Most of the time I would ride alone due to
clashes in work schedules or lack of commitment from friends. I rode a fancy bike($2400...go ahead,
laugh,I am) but in a way I kind of regreted it. I always thought I was in over my head when
approched by other cyclers in the area. Cyclist are usually a friendly bunch but I know what they
were thinking.) Probably the same thing I think of when I see newbies with fancy toys in the dessert
and not knowing how to tred) Another problem I came to was keeping my focus on the sport. I think
back then I tried so hard to get in shape as quickly as I could, I may have burned myself out. My
question to you all out there is. Where do I start again. You see, I sold my bike to someone that
would appreciate it,and I want to try again. This time I don't want to spend over $600,were do I go?
Am I asking for too much? Also when the time comes around to get back in shape, how do I go about
it. I will soooooooo out of shape it won't be funny. I don't want to burn myself out this time so
please keep this in mind. And as far as the bike goes, It may help if I give you these stats... 6'1
195lbs Thank you all in advanced, I will be looking forward to your replys. LJ

> On 5 Dec 2002 12:33:44 -0800, [email protected] (LJ) wrote:
>
> >This time I don't want to spend over $600,were do I go? 6'1 195lbs Thank you all in advanced, I
> >will be looking forward to your replys. LJ
> Fully rigid SS!

Wow, what a good pick for someone willing to get into the sport, you are a real good advisor, how
come you are not in politics, yo' moron.

On Fri, 06 Dec 2002 23:00:31 GMT, "veloracer" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Fully rigid SS!
>>
>Wow, what a good pick for someone willing to get into the sport, you are a real good advisor, how
>come you are not in politics, yo' moron.

Well since majority of people who ride bikes started off on a Fully rigid SS with training wheels,
I'd say this is a perfect place to start again.

Just because you probably rely on your FS pig rig (or some other POS) to cover up for riding
mistakes that you should have mastered as a young boy, don't get all pissy with me.

Just because YOU have lame skills and can no longer ride a SS doesn't mean other people have lame
skills like you also.

Get the SS LJ and build your skills and don't listen to Arseholes like velocrackhead.

Peace, Bill

:-]

news:p[email protected]...
> On Fri, 06 Dec 2002 23:00:31 GMT, "veloracer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >> Fully rigid SS!
> >>
> >Wow, what a good pick for someone willing to get into the sport, you are
> >real good advisor, how come you are not in politics, yo' moron.
> >
> Well since majority of people who ride bikes started off on a Fully rigid SS with training wheels,
> I'd say this is a perfect place to start again.

Training wheels... wussy.

> Just because you probably rely on your FS pig rig (or some other POS) to cover up for riding
> mistakes that you should have mastered as a young boy, don't get all pissy with me.

blah blah blah blah

> Just because YOU have lame skills and can no longer ride a SS doesn't mean other people have lame
> skills like you also.

a ha, specially a newby

> Get the SS LJ and build your skills and don't listen to Arseholes like velocrackhead.

sure, you think he is stupid like u?

> Peace,

a ha

Bill Wheeler wrote:

> Well since majority of people who ride bikes started off on a Fully rigid SS with training wheels,
> I'd say this is a perfect place to start again.
>
> Just because you probably rely on your FS pig rig (or some other POS) to cover up for riding
> mistakes that you should have mastered as a young boy, don't get all pissy with me.

Attitude! How long have you been riding an SS?

> Just because YOU have lame skills and can no longer ride a SS doesn't mean other people have lame
> skills like you also.

Just because you've just got an SS does not give you the right to criticise others. Just remember,
there have been people who have been riding single speeds a damn site longer than you.

JH - SS for nine years

On Sat, 07 Dec 2002 08:43:40 +0100, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bill Wheeler wrote:
>
>> Well since majority of people who ride bikes started off on a Fully rigid SS with training
>> wheels, I'd say this is a perfect place to start again.
>>
>> Just because you probably rely on your FS pig rig (or some other POS) to cover up for riding
>> mistakes that you should have mastered as a young boy, don't get all pissy with me.
>
>Attitude! How long have you been riding an SS?
two months...maybe.

>> Just because YOU have lame skills and can no longer ride a SS doesn't mean other people have lame
>> skills like you also.
>
>Just because you've just got an SS does not give you the right to criticise others.
True, just making a point. much like the one on top of Velo's head.

>Just remember, there have been people who have been riding single speeds a damn site longer
>than you.
True again, for that matter there are people who have being doing a **** load of things longer than
me......What's your point?

>JH - SS for nine years
Sweet hope you have 9 more good years in you.

Peace, Bill

:-]

Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >> Fully rigid SS!
> >
> >As soon as I read LJ's post, I knew he was a candidate for a reply from
you,
> >heheheheh....
> >

> >Shaun aRe
> >
> ....you mean to say I'm getting predictable? Oh may god say it ain't so!.

The wole SS thang, ya know?

> Peace, Bill( I bet you knew the "Peace" was coming also) ;-)

Well 'duh!' ',;~}

Shaun aRe