$3.46 million To Lemond

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by B Lafferty, Feb 7, 2005.

  1. B Lafferty

    B Lafferty Guest

    Tags:

  2. Gary

    Gary Guest

    I guess they bought that "virtual tour wins" stuff after all. LOL

    B Lafferty wrote:
    > He wins. That's about $2 million more than the settlement offer he rejected
    > prior to trial.
    > http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/7529.0.html

  3. B Lafferty

    B Lafferty Guest

    "Gary" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I guess they bought that "virtual tour wins" stuff after all. LOL

    I really don't understand the theory they were trying to use to get out of
    the deal. Here they presumably negotiated an arms length transaction
    resulting in a ten year relationship under which both parties were bound to
    perform. Apparently the jury found that Lemond had done his contractual
    part but that the company had not and did not have the right to unilaterally
    void the contract because they made a bad business decision or did not
    properly market the Lemond name. Now all he has to do is collect. LOL

  4. Joselas

    Joselas Guest