3 day Maine trip suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kbh

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for a 3 day, 2 night self-supported bicycle tour in Maine. I've done
plenty of riding near the southern coast, so I'm looking for something inland, but not too far
north. I've been looking at all the routes on the Explore Maine by Bike web site, but I wanted to
solicit for some suggestions from those who've been there. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle

You might want to try posting this question at cyclingforum.com. Several of the regulars there are
from Maine.

Pat Clancy

"KBH" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<SBBxa.874089$3D1.498142@sccrnsc01>...
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for suggestions for a 3 day, 2 night self-supported bicycle tour in Maine. I've done
> plenty of riding near the southern coast, so I'm looking for something inland, but not too far
> north. I've been looking at all the routes on the Explore Maine by Bike web site, but I wanted to
> solicit for some suggestions from those who've been there. Any suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kyle

Hello Kyle

I live in Cumberland Maine - a lot of great rides around here. I would suggest checking into the
Maine Bicycle Coalition - the have a website ( http://www.bikemaine.org/ ) and they publish a Maine
Bicycle map which shows the width of the shoulders and average amount of traffic that you can expect
to see on various roads.

Mark

On Sun, 18 May 2003 01:46:26 GMT, "KBH" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm looking for suggestions for a 3 day, 2 night self-supported bicycle tour in Maine. I've done
>plenty of riding near the southern coast, so I'm looking for something inland, but not too far
>north. I've been looking at all the routes on the Explore Maine by Bike web site, but I wanted to
>solicit for some suggestions from those who've been there. Any suggestions are appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.