3 day Maine trip suggestions

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Kbh, May 17, 2003.

  1. Kbh

    Kbh Guest

    Hi,

    I'm looking for suggestions for a 3 day, 2 night self-supported bicycle tour in Maine. I've done
    plenty of riding near the southern coast, so I'm looking for something inland, but not too far
    north. I've been looking at all the routes on the Explore Maine by Bike web site, but I wanted to
    solicit for some suggestions from those who've been there. Any suggestions are appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Kyle

    Tags:

  2. Pat Clancy

    Pat Clancy Guest

    You might want to try posting this question at cyclingforum.com. Several of the regulars there are
    from Maine.

    Pat Clancy

    "KBH" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for suggestions for a 3 day, 2 night self-supported bicycle tour in Maine. I've done
    > plenty of riding near the southern coast, so I'm looking for something inland, but not too far
    > north. I've been looking at all the routes on the Explore Maine by Bike web site, but I wanted to
    > solicit for some suggestions from those who've been there. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Kyle

  3. Hello Kyle

    I live in Cumberland Maine - a lot of great rides around here. I would suggest checking into the
    Maine Bicycle Coalition - the have a website ( http://www.bikemaine.org/ ) and they publish a Maine
    Bicycle map which shows the width of the shoulders and average amount of traffic that you can expect
    to see on various roads.

    Mark