3 days to go......

paul

Guest
what more to add? :-D
--
..paul

If at first you don't succeed...
Skydiving is probably not the sport for you.

"MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> paul <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > what more to add? :-D

> Switzerland?

Oh yes, that seems like a good choice. They seem to have fantastic
integration of their public transport system and very bike-friendly. I just
wish their cycle route maps were a bit cheaper! I think I paid about £25
for the foldup map of the national routes and a booklet detailing one of
them....

Rich

"Richard Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > paul <[email protected]> wrote in message

> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > what more to add? :-D

> > Switzerland?

> Oh yes, that seems like a good choice. They seem to have fantastic
> integration of their public transport system and very bike-friendly. I just
> wish their cycle route maps were a bit cheaper! I think I paid about £25
> for the foldup map of the national routes and a booklet detailing one of
> them....

And they charge motorists for the privilage of driving into the
country (used to be 12.50, GOK what it is now, presumably they still
can as non-EU)

In article <[email protected]>,
MartinM <[email protected]> wrote:
> And they charge motorists for the privilage of driving into the
> country (used to be 12.50, GOK what it is now, presumably they still
> can as non-EU)

Only if you're going to use the motorways.

ian

"Ian G Batten" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> MartinM <[email protected]> wrote:
> > And they charge motorists for the privilage of driving into the
> > country (used to be 12.50, GOK what it is now, presumably they still
> > can as non-EU)

> Only if you're going to use the motorways.

Whereas, if you cycle across the border you are unlikely at most of the
checkpoints even to get stopped.
--
"Mango sorbet is clearcut proof that we have progressed beyond the
bare needs of survival and have progressed to the transcendant."

Ian G Batten <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> MartinM <[email protected]> wrote:
> > And they charge motorists for the privilage of driving into the
> > country (used to be 12.50, GOK what it is now, presumably they still
> > can as non-EU)

> Only if you're going to use the motorways.

They have also mined all the big bridges over the valleys (for toll evaders) ;-)

"MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> And they charge motorists for the privilage of driving into the
> country (used to be 12.50, GOK what it is now, presumably they still
> can as non-EU)

True, the motorway fee - now it's around £19 - 40 CHF. But I think a
one-off fee of £19 for a year is preferable to the French toll system. I
approve. I think we should do it here - let those foreign motorists (and
lorry drivers especially) pay something for the upkeep of the UK road
system! Or just support the UK exchequer. Or whatever. Anyway we pay when
we go over there so let them pay when they come over here ;).

Rich

"Richard Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > And they charge motorists for the privilage of driving into the
> > country (used to be 12.50, GOK what it is now, presumably they still
> > can as non-EU)

> True, the motorway fee - now it's around £19 - 40 CHF. But I think a
> one-off fee of £19 for a year is preferable to the French toll system. I
> approve. I think we should do it here - let those foreign motorists (and
> lorry drivers especially) pay something for the upkeep of the UK road
> system! Or just support the UK exchequer. Or whatever. Anyway we pay when
> we go over there so let them pay when they come over here ;).
>
> Rich

So now it's 4 days to go! ;-)

> MartinM wrote:
> > paul <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> >>what more to add? :-D

> > Switzerland?

> I think that is the first country Pauls parcel is stopping at on the
> way to the UK

Apparently it went to Reading! The couriors lost it, but bikefix didn't
tell me that till it had been found again this morning. In a depot in
Reading.

It's in Woodbridge now though :eek:)