3 dead after truck slams into cyclists in Quebec

Discussion in 'Commuting and Road Safety' started by steve, May 14, 2010.

1. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Link: 3 dead after truck slams into cyclists in Quebec - CTV News

Tags:

2. dhk2

dhk2 Active Member

Very sad, but thank you for posting the link. Would like to know what charges if any are filed against the driver. Hope it's not another case of a driver getting away with murder like this by saying "I didn't see the cyclists".

FYI, the DiNotte taillights are becoming more popular here. The red flasher is viable from at least 1/4 mile away on a sunny day. It shouldn't be necessary, but I've decided it's important to do all we can to protect ourselves against criminally-negligent drivers.

3. 64Paramount

64Paramount Active Member

That's is terrible!

Just seeing how shattered the bike frames were makes me wonder that any of them survived.

4. byronlewis

byronlewis New Member

This is traumatic. It seems that the truck driver was drunken. Have not heard of any charges yet.

5. jayp01

jayp01 New Member

Its an inevitable event when we talk about accident. That is why biking along public highways is a no no. Try to have biking in a safe place like plaza. When you are with a group of cyclist try to choose a safe track. Just dont follow them when they are going to a dangerous track. Being with a number of cyclist doesnt mean you are safe. Always think of your safety when you are biking.