3 men and a ...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Bryan, Mar 6, 2006.

  1. Bryan

    Bryan New Member

    Joined:
    May 1, 2003
    Just seen this on ebay, all you need is 3 mates and some straight road (can't see how it can handle that well round bends, but I stand to be corrected:)

    http://tinyurl.com/kok26

    Bryan

    Tags:

  2. Bryan wrote:
    > Just seen this on ebay, all you need is 3 mates and some straight road
    > (can't see how it can handle that well round bends, but I stand to be
    > corrected:)
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/kok26

    Oh look, it's near me. Oh look, I don't have anywhere to store it.

    It's being readvertised, too. It looks great fun if you've got 4 like minded
    (and sized) friends to join in. Also, south Birmingham's probably a bit
    hilly.
    --
    Ambrose

  3. elyob

    elyob Guest

    "Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Bryan wrote:
    >> Just seen this on ebay, all you need is 3 mates and some straight road
    >> (can't see how it can handle that well round bends, but I stand to be
    >> corrected:)
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/kok26

    > Oh look, it's near me. Oh look, I don't have anywhere to store it.
    >
    > It's being readvertised, too. It looks great fun if you've got 4 like
    > minded (and sized) friends to join in. Also, south Birmingham's probably a
    > bit hilly.

    I thought "that'd be good on a charity ride", but then remembered there is
    often a stop at a pub or two, and I really wouldn't trust whoever is
    piloting.

  4. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    elyob wrote:
    > "Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Bryan wrote:
    > >> Just seen this on ebay, all you need is 3 mates and some straight road
    > >> (can't see how it can handle that well round bends, but I stand to be
    > >> corrected:)
    > >>
    > >> http://tinyurl.com/kok26

    > > Oh look, it's near me. Oh look, I don't have anywhere to store it.
    > >
    > > It's being readvertised, too. It looks great fun if you've got 4 like
    > > minded (and sized) friends to join in. Also, south Birmingham's probably a
    > > bit hilly.

    > I thought "that'd be good on a charity ride", but then remembered there is
    > often a stop at a pub or two, and I really wouldn't trust whoever is
    > piloting.

    Even worse having the gears and brakes at the back..

    Looks fun. But I have no way of transporting it as it is not possible
    to ride it solo.

    ...d

  5. David Martin wrote:
    > elyob wrote:
    >> "Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >>> Oh look, it's near me. Oh look, I don't have anywhere to store it.
    >>>
    >>> It's being readvertised, too. It looks great fun if you've got 4
    >>> like minded (and sized) friends to join in. Also, south
    >>> Birmingham's probably a bit hilly.

    >> I thought "that'd be good on a charity ride", but then remembered
    >> there is often a stop at a pub or two, and I really wouldn't trust
    >> whoever is piloting.

    > Even worse having the gears and brakes at the back..
    >
    > Looks fun. But I have no way of transporting it as it is not possible
    > to ride it solo.

    I'm sure you could get some volunteers to help you ride it up to Dundee.
    --
    Ambrose

  6. Bryan

    Bryan New Member

    Joined:
    May 1, 2003
    I for one wouldn't want to cycle up and down the Law. Not sure how the brakes would work, and whether it would get round the bends :)

    Bryan

  7. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    Bryan wrote:

    > > > Looks fun. But I have no way of transporting it as it is not

    > > possible
    > > > to ride it solo.

    > > I'm sure you could get some volunteers to help you ride it up to
    > > Dundee.
    > > --
    > > Ambrose

    > I for one wouldn't want to cycle up and down the Law. Not sure how the
    > brakes would work, and whether it would get round the bends :)

    It would be OK on the Law as far as bends go, they aren't that tight.
    But as for the brakes, holding four bodies...

    ...d

  8. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    David Martin wrote:

    > It would be OK on the Law as far as bends go, they aren't that tight.
    > But as for the brakes, holding four bodies...

    I saw a side by side version of one of them once, broken down, on the
    L2B. The riders were no where to be seen (in the pub probably)

    weirdest experience I had was overtaking one which seemed to be made of
    a dumper truck and some wheelbarrow wheels on the London Cambridge
    ridden by 4 laydeez who all looked like Beryl Cook; I overtook it about
    2cm into the ride, and again about 200m before the end.......

  9. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Bryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Just seen this on ebay, all you need is 3 mates and some straight road
    > (can't see how it can handle that well round bends, but I stand to be
    > corrected:)
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/kok26
    >
    > Bryan
    >

    > --
    > Bryan

    Goodies - Goody, Goody yum, yum. :)

    DaveB

  10. David Martin wrote:

    >Even worse having the gears and brakes at the back..
    >
    >Looks fun. But I have no way of transporting it as it is not possible
    >to ride it solo.

    Ride it as a single speed and rely on the front brakes only? (With both
    rim and drum brakes, the front brakes only would be legal.)

    I'm sure an appeal here would find someone prepared to help you collect it.
    But unless you had someone else in mind to ride with, there wouldn't be
    much point.

    (I have just suggested it as a company vehicle to some co-workers - there's
    usually a few of the company doing the London-Cambridge ride.)