3 men and a ...

Bryan

New Member
May 1, 2003
Just seen this on ebay, all you need is 3 mates and some straight road (can't see how it can handle that well round bends, but I stand to be corrected:)

http://tinyurl.com/kok26

Bryan

Bryan wrote:
> Just seen this on ebay, all you need is 3 mates and some straight road
> (can't see how it can handle that well round bends, but I stand to be
> corrected:)
>
> http://tinyurl.com/kok26

Oh look, it's near me. Oh look, I don't have anywhere to store it.

It's being readvertised, too. It looks great fun if you've got 4 like minded
(and sized) friends to join in. Also, south Birmingham's probably a bit
hilly.
--
Ambrose

"Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bryan wrote:
>> Just seen this on ebay, all you need is 3 mates and some straight road
>> (can't see how it can handle that well round bends, but I stand to be
>> corrected:)
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/kok26

> Oh look, it's near me. Oh look, I don't have anywhere to store it.
>
> It's being readvertised, too. It looks great fun if you've got 4 like
> minded (and sized) friends to join in. Also, south Birmingham's probably a
> bit hilly.

I thought "that'd be good on a charity ride", but then remembered there is
often a stop at a pub or two, and I really wouldn't trust whoever is
piloting.

elyob wrote:
> "Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Bryan wrote:
> >> Just seen this on ebay, all you need is 3 mates and some straight road
> >> (can't see how it can handle that well round bends, but I stand to be
> >> corrected:)
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/kok26

> > Oh look, it's near me. Oh look, I don't have anywhere to store it.
> >
> > It's being readvertised, too. It looks great fun if you've got 4 like
> > minded (and sized) friends to join in. Also, south Birmingham's probably a
> > bit hilly.

> I thought "that'd be good on a charity ride", but then remembered there is
> often a stop at a pub or two, and I really wouldn't trust whoever is
> piloting.

Even worse having the gears and brakes at the back..

Looks fun. But I have no way of transporting it as it is not possible
to ride it solo.

...d

David Martin wrote:
> elyob wrote:
>> "Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Oh look, it's near me. Oh look, I don't have anywhere to store it.
>>>
>>> It's being readvertised, too. It looks great fun if you've got 4
>>> like minded (and sized) friends to join in. Also, south
>>> Birmingham's probably a bit hilly.

>> I thought "that'd be good on a charity ride", but then remembered
>> there is often a stop at a pub or two, and I really wouldn't trust
>> whoever is piloting.

> Even worse having the gears and brakes at the back..
>
> Looks fun. But I have no way of transporting it as it is not possible
> to ride it solo.

I'm sure you could get some volunteers to help you ride it up to Dundee.
--
Ambrose

Ambrose Nankivell said:
David Martin wrote:
> elyob wrote:
>> "Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Oh look, it's near me. Oh look, I don't have anywhere to store it.
>>>
>>> It's being readvertised, too. It looks great fun if you've got 4
>>> like minded (and sized) friends to join in. Also, south
>>> Birmingham's probably a bit hilly.

>> I thought "that'd be good on a charity ride", but then remembered
>> there is often a stop at a pub or two, and I really wouldn't trust
>> whoever is piloting.

> Even worse having the gears and brakes at the back..
>
> Looks fun. But I have no way of transporting it as it is not possible
> to ride it solo.

I'm sure you could get some volunteers to help you ride it up to Dundee.
--
Ambrose

I for one wouldn't want to cycle up and down the Law. Not sure how the brakes would work, and whether it would get round the bends :)

Bryan

Bryan wrote:

> > > Looks fun. But I have no way of transporting it as it is not

> > possible
> > > to ride it solo.

> > I'm sure you could get some volunteers to help you ride it up to
> > Dundee.
> > --
> > Ambrose

> I for one wouldn't want to cycle up and down the Law. Not sure how the
> brakes would work, and whether it would get round the bends :)

It would be OK on the Law as far as bends go, they aren't that tight.
But as for the brakes, holding four bodies...

...d

David Martin wrote:

> It would be OK on the Law as far as bends go, they aren't that tight.
> But as for the brakes, holding four bodies...

I saw a side by side version of one of them once, broken down, on the
L2B. The riders were no where to be seen (in the pub probably)

weirdest experience I had was overtaking one which seemed to be made of
a dumper truck and some wheelbarrow wheels on the London Cambridge
ridden by 4 laydeez who all looked like Beryl Cook; I overtook it about
2cm into the ride, and again about 200m before the end.......

David Martin wrote:

>Even worse having the gears and brakes at the back..
>
>Looks fun. But I have no way of transporting it as it is not possible
>to ride it solo.

Ride it as a single speed and rely on the front brakes only? (With both
rim and drum brakes, the front brakes only would be legal.)

I'm sure an appeal here would find someone prepared to help you collect it.
But unless you had someone else in mind to ride with, there wouldn't be
much point.

(I have just suggested it as a company vehicle to some co-workers - there's
usually a few of the company doing the London-Cambridge ride.)