3 months 10 days till marathon

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by 32 Degrees, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. 32 Degrees

    32 Degrees Guest

    Well, 100 days to go until my running marathon... Right now I'm at 0 miles per week. Haven't run
    since November...

    Been skiing ( a lot ) all winter... nordic, yes cross country. We'll see how it pays off... lots of
    2 hour workouts... a total of 30 hours in January.

    I'll start running officially March 8th after my last ski marathon...

    JK

    Tags:

  2. Lanceandrew

    Lanceandrew Guest

    Well, 100 days to go until my running marathon...Right now I'm at 0 miles per week.
    ___

    i can top that. i'm in the boston marathon in about 60 days and have ran about 50 miles so far this
    year. methinks i've topped you.....so there! take that!

  3. Topcounsel

    Topcounsel Guest

    >i'm in the boston marathon in about 60 days and have ran about 50 miles so far this year.

    Well, there's always my plan: Up and out on the road at 4:30 am 5 days a week, and one day to the
    track. This at least will keep you running, despite being busy!

  4. [email protected] (Lanceandrew) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > i can top that. i'm in the boston marathon in about 60 days and have ran about 50 miles so far
    > this year. methinks i've topped you.....so there! > take that!

    Yikes! So how are you going to do about it? Cancel, make it a tourist trip - or dive head first into
    eight weeks of 50mpw?

    I have a hunch about how you´d respond to a poster who´d have written: "I´ve logged in 50 miles in
    2004, but I really want to do Boston; how should I train from now on?":)

    Anders

  5. 32 Degrees

    32 Degrees Guest

    Hey Anders ! A fellow RSNer here on RR ! Cool !

    Here's how I'll do it. Last year I ran a 3:20 on 26 miles/week. This year I am bumping up to a 10
    week plan. 30, 30, 30, 40, 40, 40, 50, 55, 40, 20 and viola sub 3:00 I hope.

    JK

    news:[email protected]...