3 quotes

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Baldrick, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. Baldrick

    Baldrick Guest

    "Homeopathy cures a larger percentage of cases than any other method of treatment." -Mahatma Gandhi-

    "Homeopathy is the safest and most reliable approach to ailments and has withstood the assaults of
    the established medical practice for over 100 years." -Yehundi Menuhin-

    "The introduction of Homeopathy forced the old school doctor to stir around and learn something of a
    rational nature about his business. You may honestly feel grateful that Homeopathy survived the
    attempts of the orthodox physicians to destroy it." -Mark Twain-

    Tags:

  2. Peter Moran

    Peter Moran Guest

    "Baldrick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Homeopathy cures a larger percentage of cases than any other method of treatment." -Mahatma Gandhi-
    >
    > "Homeopathy is the safest and most reliable approach to ailments and has withstood the assaults of
    > the established medical practice for over 100 years." -Yehundi Menuhin-
    >
    > "The introduction of Homeopathy forced the old school doctor to stir
    around
    > and learn something of a rational nature about his business. You may honestly feel grateful that
    > Homeopathy survived the attempts of the
    orthodox
    > physicians to destroy it." -Mark Twain-

    A well-known logical fallacy is the "appeal to authority" (rather than to the evidence).

    What should we call an appeal to inexpert opinion such as these? Should this count as an argument
    against homeopathy?

    Peter Moran

  3. Happy Oyster

    Happy Oyster Guest

    On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 01:07:45 +0200, "Baldrick" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"Homeopathy cures a larger percentage of cases than any other method of treatment." -Mahatma Gandhi-

    That is irresponsible nonsense.

    >"Homeopathy is the safest and most reliable approach to ailments and has withstood the assaults of
    >the established medical practice for over 100 years." -Yehundi Menuhin-

    That is irresponsible nonsense.

    >"The introduction of Homeopathy forced the old school doctor to stir around and learn something of
    >a rational nature about his business. You may honestly feel grateful that Homeopathy survived the
    >attempts of the orthodox physicians to destroy it." -Mark Twain-

    That is irresponsible nonsense.

    Homeopathy is a deadly threat to children.

    Regards,

    Aribert Deckers
    --
    "So finden Sie Gewinnertypen" (Michael Strachowitz) Eine Analyse
    http://www.ariplex.com/ama/ama_ml15.htm